Design of second-order 121.6-nm narrowband minus filters using asymmetrically apodized thickness modulation
- 71 Downloads
An asymmetrically apodized thickness modulation design method is proposed to design second-order narrowband minus filters at 121.6 nm. The sine-wave, linear, quintic functions are used as amplitude envelope to apodize the thickness modulation design. LaF3/MgF2 minus filters at 121.6 nm with a bandwidth of 5 nm are obtained. This designed filter will be fabricated for utilizing in Lyman-alpha coronagraph and imager installed in Lyman-alpha Solar Telescope, which will be launched by China in 2021.
This work is supported by the Joint Research Fund in Astronomy (U1531106) under cooperative agreement between the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) and Chinese Academy of Science (CAS), partially supported by NSFC (Grant No.11427803), and partially supported by the Strategic Priority Research Program of Chinese Academy of Science (CAS), Grant No. XDA15320103.
- 1.B. Li, H. Li, S. Zhou, B. Jiang, Proc. of SPIE 9042, 90420Y, (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.S. Vives, P. Lamy, J. Vial, Proc. of SPIE 5171, pp. 298–306, (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.R.B. Hoover, T.W. Barbee, J.P.C. Baker, J.F. Lindblom, M.J. Allen, C.D. Forrest, C. Kankelborg, R.H. O’Neal, E. Pairis, A.B.C. Walker, Opt. Eng. 29(10), 281–290 (1990)Google Scholar
- 5.H.A. Macleod, Thin-Film Optical Filters, 4th edn. (CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2010)Google Scholar
- 15.A.V. Tikhonravov, M.K. Trubetskov, OptiLayer thin film software. http://www.optilayer.com. Accessed 15 June 2017
- 16.M. Bischoff, O. Stenzel, K. Friedrich, S. Wilbrandt, D. Gäbler, S. Mewes, N. Kaiser, Plasma-assisted deposition of metal fluoride coatings and modeling the extinction coefficient of as-deposited single layers. Appl. Opt. C232, 50 (2011)Google Scholar