Electrochemical sensor for the detection of lead ions of B-site-doped bismuth titanate perovskite thin film
- 65 Downloads
The perovskite thin film was fabricated using cobalt (Co)-doped B-site on bismuth titanate (Bi4Ti3−xCoxO12) on FTO substrate by spin coating technique. The fabricated substrate was annealed at 700 °C and employed as an electrochemical sensor for the detection of lead ions. The obtained device was investigated for their structural, optical and morphological features using X-ray diffraction (XRD), UV–V is spectroscopy (UV), photoluminescence and scanning electron microscopy (SEM). XRD patterns reveal that the grains were orientated along c axis with (117) plane providing decreased crystallite size upon increasing dopant concentrations in BTO. UV–Vis diffusion reflectance spectrum showed that bismuth titanate thin films exhibited good optical transmittance in the visible region. BTO thin films displayed particles are in spherical in shape which was confirmed using SEM. The acquired thin film was employed as an electrochemical sensor for the detection of lead ions. The detection technique was carried out using cyclic voltammetry which delivered high sensitivity. On examining the physical and chemical properties of the obtained product, it can also be further employed as real-time applications.
We gratefully acknowledge the funding and support received from the RUSA-Phase 2.0 Grant sanctioned vide Letter. No. F. 24-51/2014-U, Policy (TNMulti-Gen), Department of Education, Govt. of India. Dt. 09.10.2018. We would like to acknowledge Miss. G. Padmalaya, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, SSN College of Engineering and Technology, Kalavakkam, Chennai for providing facility to enhance CV, ESI analysis in this article.
- 6.J. Young, C.W. Bark, Structural and optical properties of Fe doped bismuth titanate thin films by RF sputtering. Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 55, 75–84 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.L.F. Gorup, V. Bouquet, S. Députier, V. Dorcet, M. Guilloux-Viry, I.M.G. Santos, A.A. Silva, A.E. Nogueira, A.M. Kubo, E. Longo, E.R. Camargo, Influence of deposition parametes on the structure and microstructure of Bi12TiO20 films obtained by pulsed laser deposition. Ceram. Int. 45(3), 3510–3517 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.X. Di, W. Hang, S. He, T. Santhosh Kumar, A. Jao, N. Qin Dinghuabao, Improved ferroelectric and dielectric properties of Sm, La co doped Bi4Ti3O12 multifunctional thin films with orange red emission. J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 30(4), 13158–131566 (2019)Google Scholar
- 19.A. Marikani, V. Selvamurugan, G. Mangamma, S. Ravia, R. Krishnasharma, P.V. Chandrasekar, M. Kamrudding, D. Madhavan, A. Iljnas, V. Stankus, Ferroelectric, dielectric, and optical properties of Nd-substituted Bi4Ti3O12 nanoparticles synthesized by sol–gel method. Prog. Nat. Sci. Mater. Int. 26(6), 528–532 (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 28.S.A. Aly, A.A. Akl, Influence of film thickness on optical absorption and energy gap of thermally evaporated Cd0.1Se0.9 thin films. Chalcogenide Lett. 12, 489–496 (2015)Google Scholar
- 29.M.F.A. Alias, R.M. Aljarrah, H.K.H. Al-Lamy, K.A. Wadem, Investigation on the effect of thickness on the structural and optical properties of nano ZnO films prepared by d.c. magnetron sputtering. IJAEM 2(7), 198–203 (2013)Google Scholar
- 30.A. Ranjabar, M. Behdani, M. Roknadbadi, Fabrication of bismuth titanate (Bi4Ti3O12) thinfilms: effect of annealing temperature on their structural and optical properties. Sci. Iran. 26(3), 1990–1996 (2019)Google Scholar
- 34.M.M. Hafiz, N. El-Kabany, H. Mahfoz, Y.M. Bakier, Determination of optical band gap and optical constants of GexSb40 − xSe60 thin films. Int. J. Thin Films Sci. Technol. 4, 179–185 (2015)Google Scholar
- 38.A. Amali Roselin, N. Anandhan, V. Dharuman, Deposition of transition metal Mn-doped BTO thin films. J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 34, 109–113 (2018)Google Scholar
- 39.G. Padmalaya, B.S. Sreeja, P. Dinesh Kumar, S. Radha, V. Poornima, M. Arivanandan, S. Shrestha, T.S. Uma, A facile synthesis of cellulose acetate functionalized zinc oxide nanocomposite for electrochemical sensing of cadmium ions. J. Inorg. Organomet. Polym. Mater. 29, 989–999 (2019)CrossRefGoogle Scholar