Investigation of thermal and electrical properties of As–Se glasses modified with Cu using DSC and AC impedance spectroscopy
- 51 Downloads
Investigations of thermal properties of CuxAs50Se50 − x chalcogenides were carried out using a differential scanning calorimeter. It was established that copper introduction significantly affects the complexity of structural network. This was indicated by double-stage crystallization process in the compound Cu15As50Se35. Besides α relaxation, all the glasses during heating show β relaxation. The complexity of the network influences the conductivity values and transport properties in a way of higher DC and AC conductivity for the compound with the highest Cu share. Impedance spectra show two semicircles, indicating the existence of two polarization processes in different frequency ranges. The presence of kinetic and as well as diffusion processes in polarization of the samples with x = 10 and 15 at% of Cu strongly affects the unusually high values of the real part of dielectric permittivity in low- and medium-frequency range.
Authors acknowledge the financial support of the Ministry of Science, Education and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia within the projects ON 171022 and DS-2016-0038 and the financial support of the Provincial Secretariat for Higher Education and Scientific Research, Autonomous Province of Vojvodina, within the project No. 142-451-2362/2018-01.
- 1.Y. Vlasov, Y. Ermolenko, A. Legin, Y. Murzina, Multisensor systems for the analysis of industrial solutions. J. Anal. Chem. USSR 54, 476–482 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.E. Mytilineou, Chalcogenide amorphous semiconductors: chemical modification or doping? J. Optoelectron. Adv. Mater. 4, 705–710 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.A.S. Bondarenko, G. Ragoisha, EIS spectrum analyser, http://www.abc.chemistry.bsu.by. Accessed 01 Jan 2018
- 14.M. Böhm, O. Madelung, G. Huber, A. MacKinnon, A. Scharmann, E.G. Scharmer, Physics of ternary compounds (Springer, Berlin, 1985)Google Scholar
- 15.S.R. Lukić, D.M. Petrović, Thermal analysis and X-ray diffraction investigation of the copper (I) selenoarsenate (Cu3AsSe4). J. Opt. Adv. Mater. 1, 43–48 (1999)Google Scholar
- 30.A.S. Bondarenko, G. Ragoisha, EIS spectrum analyser help, http://www.abc.chemistry.bsu.by/vi/analyser/parameters.html. Accessed 08 Nov 2018