Tailoring magnetic properties of Al-substituted M-type strontium hexaferrites
- 52 Downloads
Ferrites which have relatively high remanence ratio, large coercivity and strong anisotropy are needed to meet the increasing demand for devices used in millimeter-wave frequency. Herein, we demonstrate a composition of Sr0.7La0.3Fe12−xAlxO19 hexaferrites prepared by the conventional ceramic method. We investigate the phase, morphology and magnetic properties of Al-substituted strontium hexaferrites. This study illustrates that aluminum substitution has a significant effect to improve the coercivity and anisotropic field. Finally, we propose an empirical relationship between the functional properties of Al-substituted ferrites and the amount of aluminum.
The authors gratefully acknowledge the support from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51772046, 51472045), and Scientific Research Sponsorship Program by State Grid Corporation of China (SGLNSY00FZJS1800983). The authors would like to thank Mr Y. Liu and H Liu for the XRD measurements and their helpful discussions.
- 5.D.A. Vinnik, I.A. Ustinova, A.B. Ustinov, S.A. Gudkova, D.A. Zherebtsov, E.A. Trofimov, N.S. Zabeivorota, G.G. Mikhailov, R. Niewa, Millimeter-wave characterization of aluminum substituted barium lead hexaferrite single crystals grown from PbO–B2O3 flux. Ceram. Int. 43, 15800–15804 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.S.V. Trukhanov, A.V. Trukhanov, V.G. Kostishyn, L.V. Panina, V.A. Turchenko, I.S. Kazakevich, An.V. Trukhanov, E.L. Trukhanova, V.O. Natarov, A.M. Balagurov, Thermal evolution of exchange interactions in lightly doped barium hexaferrites. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 426, 554–562 (2017)ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.S.V. Trukhanov, A.V. Trukhanov, V.G. Kostishyn, L.V. Panina, An.V. Trukhanov, V.A. Turchenko, D.I. Tishkevich, E.L. Trukhanova, V.V. Oleynik, O.S. Yakovenko, L. Yu. D.A. Matzui, Vinnik, Magnetic, dielectric and microwave properties of the BaFe12 – xGaxO19 (x ≤ 1.2) solid solutions at room temperature. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 442, 300–310 (2017)ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.A.V. Trukhanov, V.G. Kostishyn, L.V. Panina, V.V. Korovushkin, V.A. Turchenko, P. Thakur, A. Thakur, Y. Yang, D.A. Vinnik, E.S. Yakovenko, L.Yu. Matzui, E.L. Trukhanova, S.V. Trukhanov, Control of electromagnetic properties in substituted M-type hexagonal ferrites. J. Alloys Compd. 754, 247–256 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 23.C. Wu, Z. Yu, G. Wu, K. Sun, Y. Yang, X. Jiang, R. Guo, Z. Lan, Low-temperature sintering of barium hexaferrites with Bi2O3/CuO additives. IEEE Trans. Magn. 51, 11 (2015)Google Scholar