Synthesis of Au nanoparticles–decorated CdS nanowires via laser ablation in liquid for optoelectronic applications
- 74 Downloads
Au nanoparticles–decorated CdS nanowires have been synthesized by laser ablation in liquid under the effect of intense light pulses (IPL). An Nd:YAG laser with 3 J/cm²/pulse energy fluence of 7 ns pulses was combined with (2 J/cm²/pulse) energy fluence of 3 ms intense light pulses and used to ablate Au target in colloidal CdS nanowires. The effect of IPL irradiation on structural, morphological and optical properties of Au NPs–decorated CdS NWs was investigated. Results of optical properties showed an increased optical energy gap from 2.5 to 2.61 eV after combining IPL source with laser ablation pulses. The photoluminescence emission peak of Au NPs–decorated CdS NWs was blue shifted from 473 to 462 nm with a significant rise in the PL intensity, after using the IPL. The synthesized Au NPs–CdS NW hybrids exhibited high surface-enhanced Raman scattering SERS after being irradiated with IPL. The IPL-assisted laser ablation improved structural characteristics by increasing the photocurrent, reducing structural defects, minimizing the e–h recombination at the junction interface and enhancing the figures of merit of the Au–decorated CdS/Si photodetector.
- 3.K. Easawi, M. Nabil, T. Abdallah, S. Negm, H. Talaat, Int. J. Mater. Metall. Eng. 6, 63 (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.X. Phuoc, M. Chyu, J. Mater. Sci. Nanotechnol. 1, 1 (2013)Google Scholar
- 20.N. Ramamurthy, R. Kumar, G. Murugadoss, Nanosci. Nanotechnol. Int J. 3, 12 (2011)Google Scholar
- 26.V. Nevruzoglu, M. Tomakin, E. Keskenler, G. Ozturk, J. Ceram. Process. Res. 18, 494 (2017)Google Scholar
- 29.I. Zarazúaa, D. Esparzaa, T. López-Lukea, A. Ceja-Fdeza, J. Reyes-Gomezb, I. Mora-Seróc, E. de la Rosaa, Electrochim. Acta 188, 710 (2016)Google Scholar