Synthesis, characterization and properties of poly(N-allyl-tetrasubstituted imidazole)
A new poly(N-allyl-tetrasubstituted imidazole) containing furan rings and benzene ring was synthesized starting from 1-allyl-4,5-di(furan-2-yl)-2-phenyl-1H-imidazole (N-allyl-tetrasubstituted imidazole, monomer) using benzoyl peroxide as an initiator coupled with the mixture of benzene and water as solvents. The influence factors on the conversion of N-allyl-tetrasubstituted imidazole (monomer) were optimized by the orthogonal experiment. The structure and property of the obtained monomer and polymers were characterized by Fourier infrared spectroscopy, high-resolution mass spectroscopy, nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, gel permeation chromatography, differential scanning calorimetry and thermogravimetric analysis. Moreover, the luminescence property of monomer and polymers from the different polymerization conditions was investigated. The results showed that the luminescence property and thermal stability of polymer were related to molecular weight and the crystallization degree of polymer, and their thermal stability was markedly better than monomer. It suggested that poly(N-allyl-tetrasubstituted imidazole) had potential application in the fields of heat-resistant material and luminescence material.
KeywordsPoly(N-allyl-tetrasubstituted imidazole) Polymerization Fluorescent polymer Thermal stability
We are thankful to C. Y. Wang for NMR spectra, Z. L. Wei for Ms spectra and X. D. Chen for XRD.
- 2.Hohard AH, John AR (1964) 2-p-anilinophenylaminoimidazoline and its salts. US Patent 3146240Google Scholar
- 3.Erb JDF, Montgomery EL, Ritter ED (2004) Fire blocking fabric. US Patent 6790795Google Scholar
- 6.Lee BS, Mahajan S, Janda KD (2005) Cross-linked poly(4-vinylpyridine/styrene) copolymers as a support for immobilization of ytterbium triflate. Cheminform 36:3081–3086Google Scholar
- 20.Kuznetsov VA, Lavlinskaya MS, Ostankova IV, Shatalov GV, Shikhaliev KS, Ryzhkova EA (2018) Synthesis of N-vinylformamide and 1-vinyl-(1methacryloyl)-3,5-dimethylpyrazole copolymers and their extraction ability in relation to histidine in water-salt media. Polym Bull 75:1237–1251CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 27.Yuan CG, Zhu YZ (2012) Modern instrumental analysis. Chemical Industry Press, Beijing, p p19Google Scholar
- 41.Sarala L, Yathirajula RB, Gopikrishna P, Elaiyappillai E, Bella A, Manoharan SS, Iyer PK, Johnson PM (2018) Pronounced luminescence efficiency and thermal stability of small imidazole architect 2-(1, 4, 5-triphenyl-1H-imidazol-2-yl)phenol for efficient non-doped blue OLEDs. J Photochem Photobiol A Chem 365:232–237CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 42.Chen GZ, Huang ZX, Zheng ZZ (1990) Fluorescence analysis. Science Press, Beijing, p 10Google Scholar
- 50.Vetrova EV, Makarova NI, Omelichkin NI, Minyaeva LG, Chernyavinab VV, Borisenkoc RN, Metelitsa AV (2019) Insights into the solvents effect on spectral and photophysical properties of novel fluorescent heteroaromatic bis-peri-fused azoxonium cations. J Photochem Photobiol A Chem 370:127–134CrossRefGoogle Scholar