Novel solid polymer electrolyte based on PMMA:CH3COOLi effect of salt concentration on optical and conductivity studies
- 51 Downloads
Novel solid polymer electrolyte (SPE) films based on poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) and lithium acetate (CH3COOLi) with different weight ratios of PMMA:CH3COOLi wt% (60:40, 70:30, 80:20 wt%) were prepared by solution casting technique. XRD analysis confirmed the amorphous nature of Li–PMMA SPE films. FTIR analysis revealed the structural changes in polymer by complexation with Li salt. From the optical absorbance studies, the value of lowest energy band gap was found to be 3.06 eV for the composition, PMMA:CH3COOLi (60:40 wt%). From AC impedance studies, the highest value of ionic conductivity 8.21 × 10−5 S/cm at 303 K for the SPE film PMMA:CH3COOLi (60:40 wt%) is observed compared to the reported literature. From the results of Li–PMMA SPE film with high ionic conductivity, it is a promising material for the application of solid-state battery.
KeywordsLi–PMMA SPE Ionic conductivity Band gap Dielectric measurements
The authors would like to thank the management, Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation (KLEF), for providing kind support for our work. K. Sravanthi is thankful to Dr K. Swapna for UV–visible spectroscopy measurements.
- 10.Kalhoff J, Eshetu GG, Bresser D, Passerini S (2015) Safer electrolytes for lithium-ion batteries: state of the art and perspectives. Chem Sus Chem 821:54–75Google Scholar
- 14.Cui Y, Xinmiao L, Jingchao C, Zili C, Qinglei W, Weisheng H, Xiaochen L, Zhihong L, Guanglei C, Jiwen F (2017) Facile and reliable in situ polymerization of poly(ethyl cyanoacrylate)-based polymer electrolytes toward flexible lithium batteries. Appl Mater Interfaces 9:8737–8741CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Sequeira C, Santos D (2010) Polymer electrolytes fundamentals and applications. Elsevier, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 20.Rao M, Geng X, Liao Y, Hu S, Li W (2012) Preparation and performance of gel polymer electrolyte based on electrospun polymer membrane and ionic liquid for lithium ion battery. J Membr Sci 37:399–400Google Scholar
- 26.Malcom P, Stevens P (2000) Polymer chemistry: an introduction. J Chem Educ 77:167–176Google Scholar
- 34.Senthil J, Nagarajan G, Neyvasagam K (2015) FTIR and ionic conductivity studies on PMMA based gel polymer electrolytes. Int J Enhanc Res Sci Technol Eng 4:76–80Google Scholar
- 44.Gurusiddappa J, Madhuri W, Padma Suvarna R, Priya Dasan K (2016) Conductivity and dielectric behavior of polyethylene oxide-lithium perchlorate solid polymer electrolyte films. Indian J Adv Chem Sci 4:4–19Google Scholar
- 45.Anil A, Sharma AL, Kumar Dinesh, Sadiq M (2016) Structural and dielectric behaviour of blend polymer electrolyte based on PEO-PAN + LiPF6. Asian J Eng Appl Technol 5:4–7Google Scholar