Lautropia dentalis sp. nov., Isolated from Human Dental Plaque of a Gingivitis Lesion
- 167 Downloads
A novel Gram-stain-negative, motile, and facultative anaerobic coccus, strain ChDC F240T was isolated from human subgingival dental plaque of a gingivitis lesion. The phylogenetic analysis based on the 16S ribosomal RNA gene (16S rDNA) sequence showed that the strain belonged to the genus Lautropia. 16S rDNA of strain ChDC F240T had the highest similarity to that of Lautropia mirabilis ATCC 51599T (98.8%). Major cellular fatty acids of strain ChDC F240T were C16:0 (43.9%) and C16:1ω6C/C16:1ω7C (38.1%). Draft genome of the strain was 3,834,139 bp in length and the G+C content was 65.0 mol%. Average nucleotide identity and genome-to-genome distance values between strain ChDC F240T and L. mirabilis ATCC 51599 T were 81.99% and 28.50% (26.1–30.9%), respectively. These results reveal that strain ChDC F240T is a novel species within the genus Lautropia, for which the name Lautropia dentalis sp. nov. is proposed; type strain is ChDC F240T (= KCOM 2505T = JCM 33297T).
This research was supported by the Bio & Medical Technology Development Program of the National Research Foundation (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Science and ICT (2017M3A9B8065844), in part by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korea government (MSIT) (2018R1A2B5002239), and in part by the KRIBB Research Initiative Program funded by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest.
- 1.Bankevich A, Nurk S, Antipov D, Gurevich AA, Dvorkin M, Kulikov AS, Lesin VM, Nikolenko SI, Pham S, Prjibelski AD, Pyshkin AV, Sirotkin AV, Vyahhi N, Tesler G, Alekseyev MA, Pevzner PA (2012) SPAdes: a new genome assembly algorithm and its applications to single-cell sequencing. J Comput Biol 19:455–477. https://doi.org/10.1089/cmb.2012.0021 CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 6.Gerner-Smidt P, Keiser-Nielsen H, Dorsch M, Stackebrandt E, Ursing J, Blom J, Christensen AC, Christensen JJ, Frederiksen W, Hoffmann S, Holten-Andersen W, Ying UT (1994) Lautropia mirabilis gen. nov., sp. nov., a gram-negative motile coccus with unusual morphology isolated from the human mouth. Microbiology 140(Pt7):1787–1797CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 7.Kajitani R, Toshimoto K, Noguchi H, Toyoda A, Ogura Y, Okuno M, Yabana M, Harada M, Nagayasu E, Maruyama H, Kohara Y, Fujiyama A, Hayashi T, Itoh T (2014) Efficient de novo assembly of highly heterozygous genomes from whole-genome shotgun short reads. Genome Res 24:1384–1395. https://doi.org/10.1101/gr.170720.113 CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 8.Kim HS, Lee DS, Chang YH, Kim MJ, Koh S, Kim J, Seong JH, Song SK, Shin HS, Son JB, Jung MY, Park SN, Yoo SY, Cho KW, Kim DK, Moon S, Kim D, Choi Y, Kim BO, Jang HS, Kim CS, Kim C, Choe SJ, Kook JK (2010) Application of rpoB and zinc protease gene for use in molecular discrimination of Fusobacterium nucleatum subspecies. J Clin Microbiol 48:545–553. https://doi.org/10.1128/JCM.01631-09 CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 11.Luo R, Liu B, Xie Y, Li Z, Huang W, Yuan J, He G, Chen Y, Pan Q, Liu Y, Tang J, Wu G, Zhang H, Shi Y, Liu Y, Yu C, Wang B, Lu Y, Han C, Cheung DW, Yiu SM, Peng S, Xiaoqian Z, Liu G, Liao X, Li Y, Yang H, Wang J, Lam TW, Wang J (2012) SOAPdenovo2: an empirically improved memory-efficient short-read de novo assembler. Gigascience 1:18 (Erratum in: Gigascience (2015) 4:30)Google Scholar
- 14.Saitou N, Nei M (1987) The neighbor-joining method: a new method for reconstructing phylogenetic trees. Mol Biol Evol 4:406–425Google Scholar