Orthopaedic publications from Egypt in the last five years: a bibliometric report
- 73 Downloads
This review was done to find the trend for orthopaedic publications from Egypt in the last 5 years, detailing the specialties that are most published and comparing this with the surrounding Middle East region.
The search included orthopaedic-related articles published in journals that are listed in PubMed, including author affiliation from Egypt between 2013 and 2017.
Four hundred eighty-one publications were found. The results showed that Trauma was the highest published branch while Arthroscopy has shown the highest increase since 2013 to become as Trauma by 2017. Two hundred seventy-two articles were published in Q1 and Q2 journals which represents 56.54% from the total publications. There were 1243 citations for these publications. The country ranking was between the fourth and fifth in Middle East region over the last five years.
Publications are an important part of each country’s research work. The trend for orthopaedic publication is showing an increase in subspecialty publications with a gradual increase in number of publications per year, while Egypt’s position remains in the top five in the region.
KeywordsOrthopaedic publication Trauma Research Assiut Egypt
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 22.Ercan A, Sokkar SM, Schmid G, Filler TJ, Abdelkafy A, Jerosch J (2016) Periprosthetic bone density changes after MiniHipTM cementless femoral short stem: one-year results of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry study. SICOT-J 2Google Scholar
- 23.Goyal S, Radi MA, Ramadan IK-A, Said HG (2016) Arthroscopic skills assessment and use of box model for training in arthroscopic surgery using Sawbones–“FAST” workstation. SICOT-J 2Google Scholar
- 24.Said HG, Goyal S, Fetih TN (2016) Meniscus delivery: a maneuver for easy arthroscopic access to the posterior horn of the medial meniscus. SICOT-J 2Google Scholar
- 25.Imam MA, Abdelkafy A (2016) Outcomes following arthroscopic transosseous equivalent suture bridge double row rotator cuff repair: a prospective study and short-term results. SICOT-J 2Google Scholar
- 26.Abdelaal AHK, Yamamoto N, Hayashi K, Takeuchi A, Morsy AF, Miwa S, et al (2016) Radiological assessment of the femoral bowing in Japanese population. SICOT-J 2Google Scholar
- 27.Hussein M, Hussein T (2016) Effect of autologous platelet leukocyte rich plasma injections on atrophied lumbar multifidus muscle in low back pain patients with monosegmental degenerative disc disease. SICOT-J 2Google Scholar
- 28.Henawy AT, Badie AA (2017) Dual mobility total hip arthroplasty in hemiplegic patients. SICOT-J 3Google Scholar
- 39.Farouk O, Mahran DG, Said HG, Alaa MM, Eisa AA, Said GZ et al (2016) Hypovitaminosis D among patients admitted with hip fracture to a level-1 trauma center in the Sunny Upper Egypt: prevalence and associated correlates. Geriatric Orthopaedic Surgery & Rehabilitation 7(3):148–152CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 40.Kadar A, Kleinstern G, Morsy M, Soreide E, Moran SL (2016) Multiple enchondromas of the hand in children: long-term follow-up of mean 15.4 years. J Pediatr OrthopGoogle Scholar