The Binomial Theorem and motivic classes of universal quasi-split tori
- 7 Downloads
Taking symmetric powers of varieties can be seen as a functor from the category of varieties to the category of varieties with an action by the symmetric group. We study a corresponding map between the Grothendieck groups of these categories. In particular, we derive a binomial formula and use it to give explicit expressions for the classes of universal quasi-split tori in the equivariant Grothendieck group of varieties.
Mathematics Subject Classification14A20 (primary) 14L10 14G27 14M20 (secondary)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
I would like to thank my advisor, David Rydh, for suggesting several improvements of this text.
- 5.Bouc, S.: Burnside rings. In: Handbook of Algebra, vol. 2, pp. 739–804. North-Holland, Amsterdam (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Ekedahl, T.: An invariant of a finite group. arXiv:0903.3143v2 (2009)
- 8.Kapranov, M.: The elliptic curve in the S-duality theory and Eisenstein series for Kac-Moody groups. arXiv:math/0001005 (2000)
- 11.Looijenga, E.: Motivic measures. Astérisque, (276):267–297, Séminaire Bourbaki, vol. 1999/2000 (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Rökaeus, K.: Grothendieck Rings and Motivic Integration. PhD thesis, Stockholm University (2009)Google Scholar