Study on load adaptation of capacitive power transfer system with a four-plate compact capacitive coupler
- 40 Downloads
This paper proposes an LCL-L compensated capacitive power transfer (CPT) system with a four-plate compact capacitive coupler to achieve load adaptation. The coupling principle of four plates is explained, and the formulas between the cross-coupling capacitances and port capacitances are deduced by establishing a two-port capacitive network model of the coupler. The resonant frequency is designed to be unchanged whether the pick-up is removed or moved back to simplify system control. The model of the coupler and AC impedance model of CPT system are established, and the parameter design method is given. Finally, the feasibility and effectiveness of the proposed topology and its parameter design method are verified by simulation and experimental results.
KeywordsWireless power transfer Capacitive power transfer Four-plate compact capacitive coupler Load adaptation
This work was supported by the research funds for the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grants 51477020 and 51777022.
- 5.https://newatlas.com/world-economic-forum-new-technology-2012/21484/. Accessed 16 Feb 2012
- 9.Yugang S, Lingzhi C, Chunsen T, Junhao M, Aiguo H (2016) Evolutionary multi-objective optimization of PID parameters for output voltage regulation in ECPT system based on NSGA-II. Trans China Electrotech Soc 31(19):106–114. https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1000-6753.2016.19.010 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Liu C, Hu AP, Nair N-KC (2009) Coupling study of a rotary capacitive power transfer system. In: IEEE international conference on industrial technology, pp 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIT.2009.4939623
- 16.Wahab A, Chong TE, Min LK (1997) Wireless pointing device using capacitive coupling. In: Proceedings of IEEE international symposium on consumer electronics, Singapore, pp 149–152. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISCE.1997.658374
- 17.Kline M, Izyumin I, Boser B, Sanders S (2011) Capacitive power transfer for contactless charging. In: Proceedings of 26th IEEE international conference on applied power electronics conference and exposition, Fort Worth, TX, pp 1398–1404. https://doi.org/10.1109/apec.2011.5744775
- 21.Komaru T, Akita H (2013) Positional characteristics of capacitive power transfer as a resonance coupling system. In: Proceedings of IEEE wireless power transfer conference, Italy, pp 218–221. https://doi.org/10.1109/WPT.2013.6556922
- 22.Zhang H, Lu F, Hofmann H, Liu W, Mi C (2016) A four-plate compact capacitive coupler design and LCL-compensated topology for capacitive power transfer in electric vehicle charging application. IEEE Trans Power Electron 31(12):8541–8551. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2016.2520963 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.Su Y, Fu Q, Ma J, Qing X, Tang C (2019) Fringing electric field suppression method of electric-field coupled power transfer system with a new four-plate coupler. Autom Electr Power Syst 43(2):130–141Google Scholar