The connection between quadratic bent–negabent functions and the Kerdock code
- 12 Downloads
In this paper we prove that all bent functions in the Kerdock code, except for the coset of the symmetric quadratic bent function, are bent–negabent. In this direction, we characterize the set of quadratic bent–negabent functions and show some results connecting quadratic bent–negabent functions and the Kerdock code. Further, we note that there are bent–negabent preserving nonsingular transformations outside the well known class of orthogonal ones that might provide additional functions in the bent–negabent set. This is the first time we could identify non-orthogonal (nonsingular) linear transformations that preserve bent–negabent property for a special subset.
KeywordsBoolean function Bent function Negabent function Kerdock code
The authors would like to thank the reviewers for extraordinarily useful criticisms and suggestions, and for providing us with a better code of Fig. 1. The paper was partly written while the first author visited the second and third authors at the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. He would like to thank the hosts and the institute for hospitality and excellent working conditions.
- 1.Andrews, G.E.: The Theory of Partitions. Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications, vol. 2. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1976)Google Scholar
- 2.Carlet, C.: Boolean functions for cryptography and error correcting codes. In: Crama, Y., Hammer, P. (eds.) Boolean Methods and Models, pp. 257–397. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Dillon, J.F.: A survey of bent functions. NSA Tech. J. (Special Issue) 191, 215 (1972)Google Scholar
- 9.Mykkeltveit, J.: A note on Kerdock codes. JPL Technical Report 32-1526, pp. 82–83Google Scholar
- 10.Parker, M.G., Pott, A.: On Boolean functions which are bent and negabent. In: Golomb, S.W., Gong, G., Helleseth, T., Song, H.Y. (eds) Sequences, Subsequences, and Consequences, International Workshop, SSC 2007 LNCS, vol. 4893, pp. 9–23 (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.Schmidt, K.-U., Parker, M.G., Pott, A.: Negabent functions in Maiorana–McFarland class. In: SETA 2008, LNCS, vol. 5203, pp. 390–402 (2008)Google Scholar