Manufacturing poly(lactic acid)/metal composites and their characterization
The influence of metal powders on the rheological, thermal properties, and IR spectra of poly(lactic acid)/metal (PLA/metal) composites has been studied in this paper. It was found that loading of tungsten and lead powders into PLA results in the anomalous decrease in viscosity of composites. The melting point and decomposition temperature are decreased by 1.5–5.0 °C and 50–60 °C compared to those for neat PLA with filling.
KeywordsPoly(lactic acid) Heavy metal powders Rheological properties FTIR spectra
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The author is grateful for the financial support for this work from the National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University (project СERC-NMNT-TPU-223/2018).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The author declares that he has no conflict of interest.
- 5.Ching C, Kaplan DL, Thomas EL (eds) (1993) Biodegradable Polymers and Packaging. Technomic Pub Co, Inc., Lancaster PAGoogle Scholar
- 11.Dubrovskii VB (Ed.) (1973) Radiation resistance of materials. Reference book. Atomizdat: Moscow (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 13.Bormotov AN, Proshin AP, Bazhenov YM, Danilov AM, Sokolova YA (2006) Polymer composite materials for radiation protection. Paleotype: Moscow (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 16.Oliveira JE, Luiz HC, Mattoso LHC, Orts WJ, Medeiros ES (2013) Structural and morphological characterization of micro and nanofibers produced by electrospinning and solution blow spinning: a comparative study. Adv Mater Sci Eng. https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/409572
- 21.McQuillen FJ (1976) Homogeneous hydrogenation in organic chemistry. D Reidel Publ Co, DordrechtGoogle Scholar