Effect of forces on dynamic metal transfer behavior of cable-type welding wire gas metal arc welding
- 13 Downloads
A cable-type welding wire (CWW) gas metal arc welding (GMAW) method was proposed as a novel approach, using CWW for the consumable electrode. Droplet transfer influences the welding process, and the forces on the droplet were analyzed to elucidate the metal transfer phenomenon observed during the welding process. The effects of the arc pressure, rotating force, and welding parameters were analyzed to understand the metal transfer. The special structure of the CWW affected the arc characteristics and forces during metal transfer as part of the welding process. The droplet formed by droplets from each thin wire, the arc, and electromagnetic forces on droplet formation and the coupling process were analyzed. The arc pressure and rotating forces are beneficial to metal transfer and increase the droplet transfer frequency. The droplet size decreases with increasing welding parameters.
KeywordsGMAW CWW Force analysis Metal transfer Arc behavior Rotating force Droplet transfer model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Olsson R, Stemvers M, Staers I (1995) High-speed welding gives a competitive edge. Weld Rev Int 14(8):128–131Google Scholar
- 2.Ma XL, Hua XM, Wu YX (2007) Research status and development of high efficient welding. Weld 7:27–31Google Scholar
- 3.Öberg AE, Åstrand E (2017) Improved productivity by reduced variation in gas metal arc welding (GMAW). Int J Adv Manuf Technol:1–12Google Scholar
- 6.Li KH, Chen JS, Zhang YM (2017) Double-electrode GMAW process and control. Weld J 86:231–237Google Scholar
- 8.Goecke S, Hedegard J, Lundin M, Kaufmann H (2001) SIMR Joining Technology Centre, ESAB Welding Equipment AB, 2001. Tandem MIG/MAG Weld Svetsaren 56(2–3):24–28Google Scholar
- 17.Lahnsteiner R (1992) The TIME process an innovative MAG welding process. Weld Rev Int (UK) 11(1):17–20Google Scholar
- 18.Adi P, Ismar H, Petar T (2016) Advantages of MAG-STT welding process for root pass welding in the oil and gas industry. Tem J Tech Edu Manag Inf 5(1):76–79Google Scholar
- 19.Dutra JC, Goncalves ES (2008) GMAW-short circuit metal transfer-control of the current wave form-fundamentals of the CCC and STT systems. Soldagem Insp 13(2):92–96Google Scholar
- 22.Kim YS, Eagar TW (1993) Analysis of metal transfer in gas metal arc welding. Weld J NY 72:269-sGoogle Scholar