Energy consumption analysis on sheet metal forming: focusing on the deep drawing processes
- 19 Downloads
Nowadays, increased concerns about energy-efficient and environmentally benign manufacturing process have become an emerging issue. Deep drawing is a widely used traditional process especially in the automotive and aeronautical industries, which is also energy intensive and accounts for a large portion of energy consumption in metal forming sectors. The investigation of sheet metal forming energy saving is worth studying and, within this research field, a certain lack of energy prediction models or tools is still present. The aim of this research was to contribute towards the development of analytical models and logic for estimating the energy consumption in sheet metal forming processes, which could provide the basic for a significant energy reduction. An application to a spherical part deep drawing process was used to verify the validity and rationality of the models with the results deviation within 10%. And the effects of the process parameters on energy consumption were discussed. The overall contribution of the main process parameters on energy consumption was analyzed through a matrix of experiments. The obtained results allowed to be used for guiding process optimization of energy saving and the selection of manufacturing parameters.
KeywordsDeep drawing Energy prediction models Sheet metal forming Energy saving
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work is financially supported by Funds for International Cooperation and Exchange of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51561125002), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51722502), the University Scientific Research key project in Anhui Province of China (KJ2017A438), and the 61st instalment postdoctoral Science Foundation of China (2017M611574).
- 1.BP Statistical Review of World Energy (2016) http://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/energy-economics/energy-outlook/china-and-its-energy-needs.html. Accessed 15 March 2017
- 3.Wiki - Wikipedia (2015) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stamping_(metalworking)
- 4.Pell Research (2011) Sheet metal industry statistics report. http://www.pellresearch.com.html
- 6.Ingarao G, Ambrogio G, Gagliardi F, Di Lorenzo R (2012) A sustainability point of view on sheet metal forming operations: material wasting and energy consumption in incremental forming and stamping processes. J Clean Prod 29-30:255–268. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2012.01.012 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Li W (2015) Efficiency of manufacturing processes. Spring. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-17365-8
- 21.Yi Q, Li C, Tang Y, Chen X (2015) Multi-objective parameter optimization of CNC machining for low carbon manufacturing. J Clean Prod 95: 256-264. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.02.076
- 25.M.B.СТОРОЖЕВ E. A. П (1980) Principles of metal pressure processing. China Machine Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 30.GB/T228–2010 (2010) In metallic materials-tensile testing-method of testGoogle Scholar
- 31.Phadke MS (1995) Quality engineering using robust design. Prentice Hall PTR, Upper Saddle RiverGoogle Scholar