Study on the magnetic abrasive finishing process using alternating magnetic field: investigation of mechanism and applied to aluminum alloy plate
- 30 Downloads
In order to achieve the finishing of complex microsurface, the magnetic abrasive finishing process using alternating magnetic field was proposed. In this paper, the mechanism of the magnetic abrasive finishing process using alternating magnetic field was investigated. At the same time, the influence of magnetic particle size and magnetic field frequency on magnetic cluster changes was observed and the relationship between finishing force and alternating magnetic field was analyzed. In addition, the feasibility of ultraprecision finishing of 5052 aluminum alloy plate through this process was studied, and the influence of relevant process parameters on the finishing characteristics was analyzed. The experimental results show that the surface roughness of 5052 aluminum alloy plate improved from 318 to 3 nm Ra in 15 min.
KeywordsMagnetic abrasive finishing Alternating magnetic field Precision finishing Mechanism Aluminum alloy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Shinmura T, Takazawa K, Hatano E (1985) Study on magnetic abrasive process: application to plane finishing. Bull Jpn Soc Precis Eng 19(4):289–294Google Scholar
- 6.Shinmura T, Aizawa T (1989) Study on magnetic abrasive finishing process-development of plane finishing apparatus using a stationary type electromagnet. Bull Jpn Soc Precis Eng 23(3):236–239Google Scholar
- 9.Shinmura T, Takazawa K, Hatano E (1985) Study on magnetic abrasive process: application to edge finishing. Bull Jpn Soc Precis Eng 19(3):218–220Google Scholar
- 10.Yamaguchi H, Shinmura T, Kaneko T (1996) Development of a new internal finishing process applying magnetic abrasive finishing by use of pole rotation system. Int J Jpn Soc Precis Eng 30(4):317–322Google Scholar
- 13.Jain VK, Saren KK, Raghuram V, Ravi Sankar M (2016) Force analysis of magnetic abrasive nano-finishing of magnetic and non-magnetic materials. Int J Adv Manuf Technol:1–11Google Scholar
- 21.Ding M, Zhang PL, Zhang ZY, Yao S (2010) A novel assembly technology of aluminum alloy honeycomb structure. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 46(9–12):1253–1258Google Scholar
- 23.Shinmura T, Aizawa T (1989) Study on internal finishing of non-ferromagnetic tubing by magnetic abrasive machining process. Bull Jpn Soc Precis Eng 23(1):37–41Google Scholar
- 24.Jiles D (2015) Introduction to magnetism and magnetic materials. CRC press, Boca Raton, FL, USAGoogle Scholar