Experimental research on micro-milling force of a single-crystal nickel-based superalloy
- 57 Downloads
In the milling process of difficult-to-machine materials using micro-milling tools, the cutting thickness is gradually increased along the radial feed direction, and the plow and the shear zone are present at the same time. In addition, due to the influence of the spiral angle and the wear of the tool, the micro-milling force cannot be ignored. According to the characteristics of micro-milling, a mathematical model for micro-milling force is improved and established based on a mechanical method, and a finite element simulation of the micro-milling force is realized. Through the construction of a micro-milling force testing platform, the micro-milling force of a single-crystal nickel-based superalloy DD98 material is measured and verified. The influences of different performance materials on the micro-milling force are compared, and the influence rule for the cutting parameters on the milling force is obtained. The results show that the values of the micro-milling force of the established theoretical model, the simulated milling force and the experimental milling force are close, and the error is small. This work provides a reference for the prediction and measurement of milling forces, and it has good theoretical and practical significance.
KeywordsMicro-milling force Single-crystal superalloy Prediction model FEM
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51375082) and the Liaoning Education Department Major Science and Technology Platform (No. JP2016009, No. JL201615401).
- 1.Paulo Davim J (2014) Modern mechanical engineering. Springer Berlin HeidelbergGoogle Scholar
- 2.Xu JH, Zhang ZW, Fu YC (2014) Review and prospect on high efficiency profile grinding of nickel-based superalloys. Acta Aeronautica ET Astronautica Sinica 35(02):351–360Google Scholar
- 5.Ucan I, Aslantas K, Go Kcxe B (2014) Effect of tool coating materials on surface roughness in micromachining of Inconel 718 superalloy. P I Mech Eng B J Eng 228(12):1550–1562Google Scholar
- 6.Estrems M, Sanchez HT, Kurfess T (2011) Influence of size effect and radial run-outs on the end milling of a nickel-based superalloy. NAMRI of SME 39:268–276Google Scholar
- 12.Jun MBG, Goo C, Malekian M, Park SS (2010) A new mechanistic approach for micro end milling force modeling. ASME 2010 International Mech Eng Congress and Exposition 192–197Google Scholar
- 17.Peng Z, Li J, Yan P, Gao S, Zhang C, Wang X (2017) Experimental and simulation research on micro-milling temperature and cutting deformation of heat-resistance stainless steel. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 95(2):1–14Google Scholar