Development of an optimal method for remanufacturing process plan selection
- 496 Downloads
Remanufacturing represents an activity that often offers significant profit opportunities and can provide substantial environmental benefits. Process plan selection is one of the most important operational decisions in remanufacturing because it directly affects the success rate of remanufacturing as well as cost and quality. There is a need for a decision-making aid which can optimize process plan selection in the presence of wide-ranging alternatives. In response to this need, a decision method has been developed that combines the strengths of quality function deployment (QFD) and fuzzy linear regression. In this method, quality function deployment is employed to not only frame the problem but also to establish relationships between remanufacturing performance and process quality characteristics of interest. Fuzzy linear regression is used to determine the functional relationships between remanufacturing performance and process quality characteristics and obtain the optimal solution. If desired, the most suitable process plan alternative may be determined. To assess the usefulness and practicality of the proposed method, an illustrative example is given and the results are discussed.
KeywordsRemanufacturing Process plan Process quality characteristics Decision-making
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Chen M, Abrishami P (2014) A mathematical model for production planning in hybrid manufacturing-remanufacturing systems. Int J Adv Manuf Technol:1–10Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang XG, Zhang H, Jiang ZG (2013) A decision-making approach for end-of-life strategies selection of used parts. Int J Adv Manuf Technol:1–8Google Scholar
- 11.Tang XF, Mao HJ, Li XH (2011) Effect of quality uncertainty of parts on performance of reprocessing system in remanufacturing environment. J Southeast Univ 27(1):92–95Google Scholar
- 13.Li CB, Tang Y (2011) A GERT-based analytical method for remanufacturing process routing. 2011 I.E. International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering Trieste, Italy, August 24–27Google Scholar
- 16.Cao HJ, Wang BT, Liu F, Ma JQ (2010) Two-phase decision making strategy for remanufacturing process planning. Comput Integr Manuf Syst 16(5):935–941Google Scholar
- 19.Govindan K, Sarkis J, Palaniappan M (2013) An analytic network process-based multicriteria decision making model for a reverse supply chain. Int J Adv Manuf Technol:1–18Google Scholar