Constitutive equations for the cyclic behaviour of short carbon fibre-reinforced thermoplastics and identification on a uniaxial database
- 148 Downloads
A constitutive model for the cyclic behaviour of short carbon fibre-reinforced thermoplastics for aeronautical applications is proposed. First, an extended experimental database is generated in order to highlight the specificities of the studied material. This database is composed of complex tests and is used to design a relevant constitutive model able to capture the cyclic behaviour of the material. A general 3D formulation of the model is then proposed, and an identification strategy is defined to identify its parameters. Finally, a validation of the identification is performed by challenging the prediction of the model to the tests that were not used for the identification. An excellent agreement between the numerical results and the experimental data is observed revealing the capabilities of the model.
KeywordsShort fibre-reinforced thermoplastic Cyclic loading Constitutive equations Complex experimental database Thermodynamics of irreversible processes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors would like to thank C. Doudard, S. Calloch and S. Moyne from ENSTA Bretagne, R. Billardon from Safran Landing Systems and N. Carrère from Safran Composites for stimulating discussions and F. Montel from ENSTA Bretagne for the development of the LabView software. One of the authors (L. Leveuf) would like to thank Safran Composites for the funding of this study.
- 9.Dray Bensahkoun, D.: Pédiction des propriétés thermo-élastiques d’un composite injecté et chargé de fibres courtes. Ph.D. Thesis, ENSAM Paris (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.Kichenin, J.: Comportement thermomécanique du polyéthylène. Application aux structures gazières. Ph.D. Thesis, Ecole Polytechnique (1992)Google Scholar
- 17.Krairi, A.: Multiscale modeling of the damage and failure of homogeneous and short-fiber reinforced thermoplastics under monotonic and fatigue loadings. Ph.D. Thesis, Université Catholique de Louvain (2015)Google Scholar
- 23.Leveuf, L., Marco, Y., Le Saux, V., Navrátil, L., Leclercq, S.: Fast screening of the fatigue properties of thermoplastics reinforced with short carbon fibers based on thermal measurements. Polym. Test. (2017) (submitted)Google Scholar
- 25.Marco, Y.: Caractérisation multi-axiale du comportement et de la micro-structure d’un semi-cristallin: application au cas du P.E.T. Ph.D. Thesis, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan (2003)Google Scholar