Synthesis and anticancer activity of N-9- and N-7- substituted 1,2,3 triazole analogues of 2,6-di-substituted purine
- 21 Downloads
A library of N-9- and N-7-substituted 1,2,3 triazole analogues were generated on the 2,6-di-substituted purine upon reaction with various substituted aromatic azides. The synthesised analogues were screened for in vitro cytotoxic activity against various human cancer cell lines like (HCT-1 (colon), THP-1 (leukaemia), IMR-32 (neuroblastoma) and A-549 (lung)). From the bioassay results, it was observed that even though most of the synthesized derivatives exhibited a good potency against various screened cancer cell lines, but few of the analogues like 9a, 9b and 9e were found to be the most potent analogues in the series, with compound 9a showing IC50 values of 0.08 and 0.4 μM against THP-1 and A-549 cell lines, respectively.
Keywords2,6 Dichloropurine Cycloaddition 1,2,3 triazoles anticancer
Methylene group attached to benzene ring of benzyl amine
Methylene group attached to Triazole ring
We thank University of Pretoria for providing postdoctoral fellowship to JK.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Jeannette CA, Christian EP, Álvaro CM, Ricardo AT, Mario F, Maria JT, Adam A, Margot P, Cristian OS (2015) Synthesis and pharmacophore modelling of 2,6,9-trisubstituted purine derivatives and their potential role as apoptosis-inducing agents in cancer cell lines. Molecules 20(4):6808–6826CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- MacCallum DE, Melville J, Frame S, Watt K, Anderson S, Gianella-Borradori A, Lane DP, Green SR (2005) Seliciclib (CYC202, R-Roscovitine) induces cell death in multiple myeloma cells by inhibition of RNA polymerase II-dependent transcription and down-regulation of Mcl-1. Cancer Res 65:5399–5407CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Panos F, Bruce CA, Michael LG (1996) Purine analogs for the treatment of low-grade lymph proliferative disorder. Oncologist 1(3):125–139Google Scholar
- Siegel-Lakhai WS, Rodenstein DO, Beijnen JH, Gianella-Borradori A, Schellens JHM, Talbot DC (2005) Clinical trial designs. J Clin Oncol 23:2060–2060Google Scholar
- Vince R (1991) Synthesis and anti-HIV activity of carbovir and related carbocyclic nucleosides. Nucl Acids Symp Ser 25:193–194Google Scholar
- WS Hsieh, R Soo, BK Peh, T Loh, D Dong, D Soh, LS Wong, S Green,J Chiao, CY Cui, YF Lai, SC Lee, B Mow, R Soong, M Salto-Tellez, BC Goh (2009) Pharmacodynamic effects of seliciclib, an orally administered cell cycle modulator, in undifferentiated nasopharyngeal cancer. Clin Cancer Res 15:1435–1442CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar