Synthesis and evaluation of antiviral activities of triterpenic conjugates with 2-aminobutan-1-ol as potent microbicidal agents
- 41 Downloads
The effect of the synthetic modifications of the triterpenic A ring on the level of antiviral activity of triterpenic C3, C28 amides with a residue of racemic, (S), or (R)-enantiomeric 2-aminobutan-1-ol against herpes simplex viruses type I (HSV-I) and type II (HSV-II), as well as against human immunodeficiency virus type I (HIV-1) was investigated. The 2,3-secolupane racemic amide 5a was selected as a potent microbicidal agent with the highest virus inhibitory (against HSV-I and HSV-II) and virucidal (against HSV-1 and HIV-1) actions, the antiviral activity of which was provided by the (S)-enantiomeric conjugate 5b.
KeywordsBetulinic acid Amides HIV HSV Antiviral activity Microbicides
This research was financially supported by the Government of Perm Region (project Nr. С-26/056) and by the State Contractual Order Nr. AAAA-A18-118030790037-7.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Evers M, Poujade C, Soler F, Ribeill Y, James C, Lelie’vre Y, Gueguen J-C, Reisdorf D, Morize I, Pauwels R, De Clercq E, He´nin Y, Bousseau A, Mayaux J-F, Le Pecq J-B, Dereu N (1996) Betulinic acid derivatives: a new class of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 specific inhibitors with a new mode of action. J Med Chem 39:1056–1068CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Flekhter OB, Boreko EI, Nigmatullina LR, Pavlova NI, Medvedeva NI, Nikolaeva SN, Tret’yakova EV, Savinova OV, Baltina LA, Karachurina LT, Galin FZ, Zarudii FS, Tolstikov GA (2004) Synthesis and pharmacological activity of acylated betulonic acid oxides and 28-oxo-allobetulone. Pharm Chem J 38:148–152CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kaminska T, Kaczor J, Rzeski W, Wejksza K, Kandefer-Szerszen M, Witek M (2004) A comparison of the antiviral activity of three triterpenoids isolated from Betula alba bark. Ann Univ Mariae Curie-Sklodowska, Sect C Biol 59:7–13Google Scholar
- Kizima L, Rodrı´guez A, Kenney J, Derby N, Mizenina O, Menon R, Seidor S, Zhang S, Levendosky K, Jean-Pierre N, Pugach P, Villegas G, Ford BE, Gettie A, Blanchard J, Piatak Jr M, Lifson JD, Paglini G, Teleshova N, Zydowsky TM, Robbiani M, Fernández-Romero JA (2014) A potent combination microbicide that targets SHIV-RT, HSV-2 and HPV. PLOS ONE 9(4):e94547CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Tolmacheva IA, Galaiko NV, Igosheva EV, Konysheva AV, Nazarov AV, Krainova GF, Gorbunova MN, Boreko EI, Eremin VF, Grishko VV (2017) Synthesis and transformations of 2,3-secotriterpene derivatives of betulin. In: Kutchin AV, Shishkina LN, Weisfeld LI eds. Chemistry and technology of plant substances. Chemical and biochemical aspects. Apple Academic Press, Toronto, New Jersey, p 3–26CrossRefGoogle Scholar