Collection of alkenylcoumarin derivatives as Taq DNA polymerase inhibitors: SAR and in silico simulations
- 29 Downloads
Using a feasible method, we generated a small focused library of structurally related alkenylcoumarins. These compounds were evaluated as potential antitumoral agents against Taq DNA polymerase. 6-(pent-4-enyloxy)-coumarin (7) IC50 = 48.33 ± 2.85 μM was defined as a small molecule able to disturb DNA replication. Docking and Molecular Dynamic Simulations suggest an active-site binding. Structure/activity relationship was reasonably established. Compound 7 represents a potential structure for further studies in the development of new anti-cancer DNA/polymerase binding agents.
KeywordsDNA polymerase Antitumoral SAR Coumarin Natural Products
This research was supported by CONICET (PIP 00360) and UNSL (PROICO 02/2516). EFB thank CONICET for doctoral fellowship. HAG thank for post-doctoral position in the Max Planck Laboratory for Structural Biology, Chemistry, and Molecular Biophysics of Rosario (MPLbioR). We wish to thank to Lic. M. Ferrari, Dr. C. Ardanáz, and Dr. G. Labadie for their help. Also, we wish to thank to Dra. C. García and Prof. V. Martín from IUBO (Spain) for their help in the use of HRMS. We wish specially thank to Drs. L. Mascotti and M. Juri-Ayub for DNA material gently provided. We appreciate revision of the manuscript by staff from the “Instituto de Lenguas, Universidad Nacional de San Luis”. This work is a part of the doctoral thesis of EFB.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Garro HA, García C, Martín VS, Tonn CE, Pungitore CR (2014b) Chemistry and biological activity of coumarins at molecular level. Nat Prod Comm 9:1091–1094Google Scholar
- Garro HA, Petroselli G, Pungitore CR, Tonn CE, Erra-Balsells R (2015c) Synthesis and characterization of conjugated olygomers by acetone self-condensation end-functionalized with 4-hydroxycoumarin. J Mater Environ Sci 6:1137–1141Google Scholar
- Kostova I, Genova P, Argirova R (2006) Structure-activity relationships of synthetic coumarins as HIV-1 inhibitors. Bioinorg Chem Appl 1:1–9Google Scholar
- Li B (2012) Protein docking prediction using predicted protein-protein interface. Bioinformatics 13:1–17Google Scholar
- Venugopala KN, Odhav B (2013) Review on natural coumarin lead compounds for their pharmacological activity. J Biomed Biotechnol 1:2–14Google Scholar