Adaptive State Observers for Incrementally Quadratic Nonlinear Systems with Application to Chaos Synchronization
- 15 Downloads
This paper is concerned with the problem of adaptive state observer design for a class of incrementally quadratic nonlinear systems with parameter uncertainty. Its nonlinearity satisfies the condition of incremental quadratic constraints which contains many commonly encountered nonlinearities in existing literature as some special cases. A circle criterion-based adaptive observer is first designed to expand the freedom of observer design. Based on the incremental quadratic constraint condition, sufficient conditions ensuring asymptotic stability of estimation error dynamics are established in terms of linear matrix inequalities. Finally, the adaptive observer is applied to the synchronization design of chaotic systems with parameter uncertainty, which fully demonstrates the effectiveness of the proposed observer.
KeywordsAdaptive state observers Nonlinear systems Incremental quadratic constraints Circle criterion-based observers Chaos synchronization
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61603241 and the Project of Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality under Grant No. 17030501400.
- 1.M. Abbaszadeh, H.J. Marquez, Nonlinear observer design for one-sided Lipschitz systems, in Proceedings of the 2010 American Control Conference, pp. 5284–5289 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.L. Cao, Q. Zhou, G. Dong, Observer-based adaptive event-triggered control for nonstrict-feedback nonlinear systems with output constraint and actuator failures. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. Syst. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.2019.2895858
- 23.H. Liang, Z. Zhang, C. K. Ahn, Event-triggered fault detection and isolation of discrete-time systems based on geometric technique. IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II, Exp. Briefs (2019). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSII.2019.2912846
- 24.H. Liang, Y. Zhang, T. Huang, H. Ma, Prescribed performance cooperative control for multiagent systems with input quantization. IEEE Trans. Cybern. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCYB.2019.2893645
- 25.H. Ma, H. Li, H. Liang, G. Dong, Adaptive fuzzy event-triggered control for stochastic nonlinear systems with full state constraints and actuator faults. IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2019.2896843
- 37.L. Zhang, H. Liang, Y. Sun, C. K. Ahh, Adaptive event-triggered fault detection for semi-Markovian jump systems with output quantization. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. Syst. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.2019.2912846
- 38.Z. Zhang, H. Liang, C. Wu, C.K. Ahn, Adaptive event-triggered output feedback fuzzy control for nonlinear networked systems with packet dropouts and random actuator failure. IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2019.2891236
- 44.Y. Zhao, W. Zhang, H. Su, J. Yang, Observer-based synchronization of chaotic systems satisfying incremental quadratic constraints and its application in secure communication. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. Syst. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.2018.2868482