On the Problem of Nonlinear Stabilization of Switched Systems
- 18 Downloads
The asymptotic stability and ultimate boundedness of the solutions for nonlinear switched systems is investigated. It is assumed that every mode of the system is unstable. The required behaviour of the switched system is achieved by using a special nonstationary coefficient, which can be considered as a multiplicative control. It is assumed that this coefficient is a piecewise constant function, and the value of the coefficient changes when the mode changes. Sufficient conditions on the coefficient are found to guarantee the asymptotic stability of the zero solution of the switched system or the ultimate boundedness of solutions with a given bound. These results are applied to the stability analysis of some classes of mechanical systems. Numerical examples are presented to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed approach.
KeywordsNonlinear switched systems Stability Stabilization Multiple Lyapunov functions
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation of Basic Researches, Grant No. 16-01-00587.
- 1.A.Yu. Aleksandrov, E.B. Aleksandrova, A.V. Platonov, Stability analysis of equilibrium positions of nonlinear mechanical systems with nonstationary leading parameter at the potential forces, Vestnik of St. Petersburg State University. Ser. 10. Appl. Math. Comput. Sci. Control Process. (1), 107–119 (2015). (in Russian) Google Scholar
- 2.A.Yu. Aleksandrov, A.A. Kosov, A.V. Platonov, On the asymptotic stability of switched homogeneous systems. Syst. Control Lett. 61(1), 127–133 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.C.F. Beards, Engineering Vibration Analysis with Application to Control Systems (Edward Arnold, London, 1995)Google Scholar
- 9.Lj.T. Grujic, A.A. Martynyuk, M. Ribbens-Pavella, Large Scale Systems Stability under Structural and Singular Perturbations (Springer, Berlin, 1987)Google Scholar
- 10.P.O. Gutman, Stabilizing controllers for bilinear systems. IEEE Trans. Autom. Control 26(4), 917–922 (1981)Google Scholar
- 11.J.P. Hespanha, A.S. Morse, Stability of switched systems with average dwell-time, in Proceedings of the 38th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (1999), pp. 2655–2660Google Scholar
- 12.E. Kazkurewicz, A. Bhaya, Matrix Diagonal Stability in Systems and Computation (Birkhauser, Boston, 1999)Google Scholar
- 19.D. Liberzon, Lie algebras and stability of switched nonlinear systems, in Unsolved Problems in Mathematical Systems and Control Theory (Princeton University Press, ed. by V.D. Blondel, A. Megretski (Princeton, Oxford, 2004), pp. 90–92Google Scholar
- 32.B. Yang, Z. Zhao, R. Ma, Y. Liu, F. Wang, Stabilization of sector-bounded switched nonlinear systems with all unstable modes, in Proceedings of the 29th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC) (2017), pp. 2465–2470Google Scholar
- 35.B. Zhang, On finite-time stability of switched systems with hybrid homogeneous degrees. Math. Probl. Eng. 2018, Article ID 3096986 (2018)Google Scholar
- 38.V.I. Zubov, Methods of A.M. Lyapunov and Their Applications. P. Noordhoff Ltd., Groningen (1964)Google Scholar