Exponential Reduced-Order Observers for Nonlinear Systems Satisfying Incremental Quadratic Constraints
This paper considers the design problem of exponential reduced-order observers for nonlinear systems satisfying incremental quadratic constraints governed by an incremental multiplier matrix. Sufficient existence conditions of the exponential full-order observers are established and formulated in terms of matrix inequalities. Then, it is shown that the conditions under which an exponential full-order observer exists also guarantee the existence of an exponential reduced-order observer. Moreover, with a proper parameterization of the multiplier matrix, the design of reduced-order observers is reduced to solving linear matrix inequalities of the Lyapunov matrix and observer gain matrices. Finally, the effectiveness of the proposed design method is illustrated by an example.
KeywordsObserver design Nonlinear systems Reduced-order observers Incremental quadratic constraints Linear matrix inequalities
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 51505273, the State Key Laboratory of Robotics and System (HIT) under Grant SKLRS-2014-MS-10, the Jiangsu Provincial Key Laboratory of Advanced Robotics Fund Projects under Grant JAR201401 and the Fund of MOE Key Laboratory of Image Processing and Intelligence Control (Huazhong University of Science and Technology) under Grant No. IPIC2015-02.
- 1.M. Abbaszadeh, H.J. Marquez, Nonlinear observer design for one-sided Lipschitz systems, in Proceedings of the 2010 American Control Conference , pp. 5284–5289 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.H.K. Khalil, Noninear Systems (Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, 1996)Google Scholar
- 16.G. Phanomchoeng, R. Rajamani, Observer design for Lipschitz nonlinear systems using Riccati equations, in Proceedings of the 2010 American Control Conference pp. 6060–6065 (2010)Google Scholar
- 22.H. Su, H. Wu, X. Chen, M.Z.Q. Chen, Positive edge consensus of complex networks. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. Syst. (2017). https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.2017.2765678
- 24.L. Wang, M. Basin, H. Li, R. Lu, Observer-based composite adaptive fuzzy control for nonstrict-feedback systems with actuator failures. IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst. (2017). https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2017.2774185
- 33.Q. Zhou, H. Li, L. Wang, R. Lu, Prescribed performance observer-based adaptive fuzzy control for nonstrict-feedback stochastic nonlinear systems. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. Syst. (2017). https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.2017.2738155