L1-Norm Minimization for Multi-dimensional Signals Based on Geometric Algebra
- 37 Downloads
We address the \(\ell _1 \)-norm minimization problem, which plays an important role in the compressed sensing (CS) theory. While most previous approaches are designed for signals of low dimensions, we present in this paper an algorithm using geometric algebra (GA) for solving the problem of \(\ell _1 \)-norm minimization for multi-dimensional signals with and without noise contamination by converting it to second-order cone programming. The algorithm represents the multi-dimensional signal as a multivector in the GA form to process it in a holistic way without losing the correlation among different dimensions of the multi-dimensional signal. Numerical experiments are provided to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed algorithm and its robustness to noise. The proposed algorithm can also be used to guide perfect recovery of multi-dimensional signals, and may find potential applications when CS theory meets the multi-dimensional signal processing.
KeywordsGeometric algebra Compressed sensing Multi-dimensional signal processing SOCP
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) under Grant nos. 61771299, 61771322, 61375015, 61301027.
- 10.Gunn, C.: A new approach to euclidean plane geometry based on projective geometric algebra. Mathematics 704(4), 41–58 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Gunn, C.G.: A new approach to euclidean plane geometry based on projective geometric algebra. Mathematics 704(4), 41–58 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Hamilton, W.R.: On quaternions. In: Proc. Roy. Irish Acad., pp. 1–16 (1844)Google Scholar
- 19.Pham, M.T., Yoshikawa, T., Furuhashi, T., Tachibana, K.: Robust feature extractions from geometric data using geometric algebra. In: IEEE International Conference on Systems Man and Cybernetics, pp. 529–533 (2009)Google Scholar
- 22.Su, H., Bo, Z.: Conformal geometric algebra based band selection and classification for hyperspectral imagery. In: 2016 8th Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing: Evolution in Remote Sensing (WHISPERS), Los Angeles, CA., pp. 1–4 (2016)Google Scholar
- 26.Wang, R., Xiang, G.J., Zhang, F.: L1-norm minimization for octonion signals. In: International Conference on Audio, Language and Image Processing. IEEE, pp. 552–556 (2017)Google Scholar
- 28.Wareham, R., Cameron, J., Lasenby, J.: Applications of conformal geometric algebra in computer vision and graphics. In: International Conference on Computer Algebra & Geometric Algebra with Applications. Springer, pp. 329–349 (2004)Google Scholar
- 32.Zhou, S.L., Valchev, D.G., Dinovitser, A. et al.: Dispersion-independent terahertz classification based on Geometric Algebra for substance detection. In: 2016 41st International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz waves (IRMMW-THz), Copenhagen, pp. 1–2 (2016)Google Scholar