Determinantal Calabi-Yau varieties in Grassmannians and the Givental I-functions
We examine a class of Calabi-Yau varieties of the determinantal type in Grassmannians and clarify what kind of examples can be constructed explicitly. We also demonstrate how to compute their genus-0 Gromov-Witten invariants from the analysis of the Givental I-functions. By constructing I-functions from the supersymmetric localization formula for the two dimensional gauged linear sigma models, we describe an algorithm to evaluate the genus-0 A-model correlation functions appropriately. We also check that our results for the Gromov-Witten invariants are consistent with previous results for known examples included in our construction.
KeywordsTopological Strings Differential and Algebraic Geometry Sigma Models
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- P. Candelas, G.T. Horowitz, A. Strominger and E. Witten, Vacuum Configurations for Superstrings, Nucl. Phys. B 258 (1985) 46 [INSPIRE].
- J. Harris, Graduate Texts in Mathematics. Vol. 133: Algebraic geometry, Springer-Verlag, New York U.S.A. (1992).Google Scholar
- W. Fulton, Ergeb. Math. Grenzgeb. (3). Vol. 2: Intersection theory, second edition, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Germany (1998).Google Scholar
- A. Givental, Homological geometry I. Projective hypersurfaces, Selecta Math. 1 (1995) 325.Google Scholar
- A. Givental, Equivariant Gromov-Witten Invariants, alg-geom/9603021.
- M.-A. Bertin, Examples of Calabi-Yau 3-folds of ℙ7 with ρ = 1, Canad. J. Math. 61 (2009) 1050 [math/0701511].
- D.A. Cox and S. Katz, Mathematical surveys and monographs. Vol. 68: Mirror symmetry and algebraic geometry, AMS, New York U.S.A. (1999).Google Scholar
- R. Pandharipande and A. Zinger, Enumerative Geometry of Calabi-Yau 5-Folds, in New Developments in Algebraic Geometry, Integrable Systems and Mirror Symmetry, Kyoto Japan (2008), pg. 239 [arXiv:0802.1640].
- D. Inoue, A. Ito and M. Miura, I-functions of Calabi-Yau 3-folds in Grassmannians, Commun. Num. Theor. Phys. 11 (2017) 273 [arXiv:1607.08137].
- L.C. Mihalcea, Giambelli formulae for the equivariant quantum cohomology of the Grassmannian, Trans. AMS 360 (2008) 2285 [math/0506335].
- P. Griffiths and J. Harris, Principles of Algebraic Geometry, Wiley, New York U.S.A. (1978).Google Scholar
- V.V. Batyrev, I. Ciocan-Fontanine, B. Kim and D. van Straten, Conifold Transitions and Mirror Symmetry for Calabi-Yau Complete Intersections in Grassmannians, Nucl. Phys. B 514 (1998) 640 [alg-geom/9710022].
- A.-M. Li and Y. Ruan, Symplectic surgery and Gromov-Witten invariants of Calabi-Yau 3-folds, Invent. Math. 145 (2001) 151 [math/9803036].
- C. Schoen, On the geometry of a special determinantal hypersurface associated to the Mumford-Horrocks vector bundle, J. Reine Angew. Math. 364 (1986) 85.Google Scholar
- T.H. Gulliksen and O.G. Negård, Un complexe résolvant pour certains idéaux déterminantiels, C.R. Acad. Sci. Paris Sér. A-B 274 (1972) A16.Google Scholar
- T. Hübsch, Calabi-Yau manifolds: A Bestiary for physicists, World Scientific, Singapore (1992).Google Scholar
- O. Küchle, On Fano 4-folds of index 1 and homogeneous vector bundles over Grassmannians, Math. Z. 218 (1995) 563.Google Scholar
- D. Inoue, A. Ito and M. Miura, Complete intersection Calabi-Yau manifolds with respect to homogeneous vector bundles on Grassmannians, arXiv:1607.07821.
- V. Benedetti, Manifolds of low dimension with trivial canonical bundle in Grassmannians, arXiv:1609.02695.