Minimally extended left-right symmetric model for dark matter with U(1) portal
A minimal extension of the left-right symmetric model for neutrino masses that includes a vector-like singlet fermion dark matter (DM) is presented with the DM connected to the visible sector via a gauged U(1) portal. We discuss the symmetry breaking in this model and calculate the mass and mixings of the extra heavy neutral gauge boson at the TeV scale. The extra gauge boson can decay to both standard model particles as well to dark matter. We calculate the relic density of the singlet fermion dark matter and its direct detection cross section and use these constraints to obtain the allowed parameter range for the new gauge coupling and the dark matter mass.
KeywordsBeyond Standard Model Cosmology of Theories beyond the SM Neutrino Physics
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- J.C. Pati and A. Salam, Lepton Number as the Fourth Color, Phys. Rev. D 10 (1974) 275 [Erratum ibid. D 11 (1975) 703] [INSPIRE].
- R.N. Mohapatra and J.C. Pati, A Natural Left-Right Symmetry, Phys. Rev. D 11 (1975) 2558 [INSPIRE].
- G. Senjanović and R.N. Mohapatra, Exact Left-Right Symmetry and Spontaneous Violation of Parity, Phys. Rev. D 12 (1975) 1502 [INSPIRE].
- P. Minkowski, μ → eγ at a Rate of One Out of 109 Muon Decays?, Phys. Lett. B 67 (1977) 421 [INSPIRE].
- T. Yanagida, Horizontal symmetry and masses of neutrinos, Conf. Proc. C 7902131 (1979) 95 [INSPIRE].
- S.L. Glashow, The Future of Elementary Particle Physics, NATO Sci. Ser. B 61 (1980) 687.Google Scholar
- A. Alves, A. Berlin, S. Profumo and F.S. Queiroz, Dark matter complementarity and the Z ′ portal, Phys. Rev. D 92 (2015) 083004.Google Scholar
- R.N. Mohapatra and G. Senjanović, Neutrino Masses and Mixings in Gauge Models with Spontaneous Parity Violation, Phys. Rev. D 23 (1981) 165 [INSPIRE].
- J.F. Gunion, J. Grifols, A. Mendez, B. Kayser and F.I. Olness, Higgs Bosons in Left-Right Symmetric Models, Phys. Rev. D 40 (1989) 1546 [INSPIRE].
- R.N. Mohapatra and R.E. Marshak, Local B-L Symmetry of Electroweak Interactions, Majorana Neutrinos and Neutron Oscillations, Phys. Rev. Lett. 44 (1980) 1316 [Erratum ibid. 44 (1980) 1644] [INSPIRE].
- R.E. Marshak and R.N. Mohapatra, Quark-Lepton Symmetry and B-L as the U(1) Generator of the Electroweak Symmetry Group, Phys. Lett. B 91 (1980) 222 [INSPIRE].
- C. Wetterich, Neutrino Masses and the Scale of B-L Violation, Nucl. Phys. B 187 (1981) 343 [INSPIRE].
- A. Masiero, J.F. Nieves and T. Yanagida, B − l Violating Proton Decay and Late Cosmological Baryon Production, Phys. Lett. B 116 (1982) 11 [INSPIRE].
- W. Buchmüller, C. Greub and P. Minkowski, Neutrino masses, neutral vector bosons and the scale of B-L breaking, Phys. Lett. B 267 (1991) 395 [INSPIRE].