Superstring amplitudes, unitarily, and Hankel determinants of multiple zeta values
- 25 Downloads
The interplay of unitarity and analyticity has long been known to impose strong constraints on scattering amplitudes in quantum field theory and string theory. This has been highlighted in recent times in a number of papers and lecture notes. Here we examine such conditions in the context of superstring tree-level scattering amplitudes, leading to positivity constraints on determinants of Hankel matrices involving polynomials of multiple zeta values. These generalise certain constraints on polynomials of single zeta values in the mathematics literature.
KeywordsEffective Field Theories Scattering Amplitudes Superstrings and Heterotic Strings
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited
- G. ‘t Hooft, A planar diagram theory for strong interactions, Nucl. Phys.B 72 (1974) 461 [INSPIRE].
- N. Arkani-Hamed, T.-Z. Huang and Y.-T. Huang, in preparation.Google Scholar
- N. Arkani-Hamed, Positive geometry of effective field theory, lectures at CERN Winter School on Supergravity, Strings and Gauge Theory, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland, 4-8 February 2019.Google Scholar
- Y.-T. Huang, The space of EFT and CFT: life behind the facets of cyclic polytopes, in Amplitudes 2018, SLAC, U.S.A., 19 June 2018.Google Scholar
- H. Monien, Hankel determinants of Dirichlet series, arXiv:0901.1883.
- M.E. Hoffman, The algebra of multiple harmonic series, J. Alg.194 (1997) 477.Google Scholar