Quiver theories and formulae for nilpotent orbits of Exceptional algebras
We treat the topic of the closures of the nilpotent orbits of the Lie algebras of Exceptional groups through their descriptions as moduli spaces, in terms of Hilbert series and the highest weight generating functions for their representation content. We extend the set of known Coulomb branch quiver theory constructions for Exceptional group minimal nilpotent orbits, or reduced single instanton moduli spaces, to include all orbits of Characteristic Height 2, drawing on extended Dynkin diagrams and the unitary monopole formula. We also present a representation theoretic formula, based on localisation methods, for the normal nilpotent orbits of the Lie algebras of any Classical or Exceptional group. We analyse lower dimensioned Exceptional group nilpotent orbits in terms of Hilbert series and the Highest Weight Generating functions for their decompositions into characters of irreducible representations and/or Hall Littlewood polynomials. We investigate the relationships between the moduli spaces describing different nilpotent orbits and propose candidates for the constructions of some non-normal nilpotent orbits of Exceptional algebras.
KeywordsGlobal Symmetries Duality in Gauge Field Theories Supersymmetric Gauge Theory Differential and Algebraic Geometry
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- Y. Namikawa, A characterization of nilpotent orbit closures among symplectic singularities, arXiv:1603.06105.
- E.B. Dynkin, Semisimple subalgebras of semisimple Lie algebras, Trans. Am. Math. Soc. Ser. 2 6 (1957) 111 [INSPIRE].
- D.H. Collingwood and W.M. McGovern, Nilpotent Orbits In Semisimple Lie Algebra: An Introduction, CRC Press (1993).Google Scholar
- J. Fuchs and C. Schweigert, Symmetries, Lie Algebras and Representations, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1997).Google Scholar
- P. Bala and R.W. Carter, Classes of unipotent elements in simple algebraic groups. I, Math. Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc. 79 (1976) 401.Google Scholar
- P. Bala and R.W. Carter, Classes of unipotent elements in simple algebraic groups. II, Math. Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc. 80 (1976) 1.Google Scholar
- J. Adams, Closure diagrams for nilpotent orbits of exceptional groups. http://www.liegroups.org/tables/unipotentOrbits/.
- B. Johnson and E. Sommers, Equations for some nilpotent varieties, arXiv:1706.04820.
- B. Fu, Symplectic resolutions for nilpotent orbits, Invent. Math. 151 (2003) 167 [math/0205048].