Spontaneous symmetry breaking in fermionic random matrix model
- 121 Downloads
A fermionic random matrix model, which is a 0-dimensional version of the SYK model with replicas, is considered. The replica-off-diagonal correlation functions vanish at finite N, but we show that they do not vanish in the large N limit due to spontaneous symmetry breaking. We use the Bogoliubov quasi-averages approach to studying phase transitions. The consideration may be relevant to the study of the problem of existence of the spin glass phase in fermionic models.
KeywordsSpontaneous Symmetry Breaking 1/N Expansion Random Systems
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited
- L.D. Landau, On the theory of phase transitions, in Collected Papers. Volume 1, Nauka, Moscow Russia (1969), pp. 234-252 [Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 7 (1937) 19] [INSPIRE].
- N.N. Bogoliubov, Lectures on quantum statistics. Volume 2: Quasi-Averages, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers (1970), republished in Collection of Scientific Works in Twelve Volumes: Statistical Mechanics. Volume 6, Nauka, Moscow Russia (2007).Google Scholar
- S. Weinberg, The quantum theory of fields. Volume 2: Modern applications, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge U.K. (1996).Google Scholar
- M. Mezard, G. Parisi and M. Virasoro, Spin Glass Theory and beyond, World Scientific (1987).Google Scholar
- A. Kitaev, A simple model of quantum holography, talk given at the Entanglement in Strongly-Correlated Quantum Matter, Santa Barbara, California, U.S.A., 6 April-2 July 2015 and online at http://online.kitp.ucsb.edu/online/entangled15/.
- A. Georges, O. Parcollet and S. Sachdev, Quantum fluctuations of a nearly critical Heisenberg spin glass, Phys. Rev.B 63 (2001) 134406 [cond-mat/0009388].
- V.S. Vladimirov and I. Volovich, Superanalysis. I. Differential Calculus, Theor. Math. Phys.59 (1984)317 [INSPIRE].
- V.S. Vladimirov and I. Volovich, Superanalysis. II. Integral calculus, Theor. Math. Phys.60 (1984)743.Google Scholar
- P. Deift, T. Kriecherbauer, K.T-R. Mclaughlin, S. Venakides and X. Zhou, Strong Asymptotics of Orthogonal Polynomials with Respect to Exponential Weights, Commun. Pure Appl. Math.52 (1999) 1491.Google Scholar