Resonant leptogenesis at TeV-scale and neutrinoless double beta decay
- 9 Downloads
We investigate a resonant leptogenesis scenario by quasi-degenerate righthanded neutrinos which have TeV-scale masses. Especially, we consider the case when two right-handed neutrinos are responsible to leptogenesis and the seesaw mechanism for active neutrino masses, and assume that the CP violation occurs only in the mixing matrix of active neutrinos. In this case the sign of the baryon asymmetry depends on the Dirac and Majorana CP phases as well as the mixing angle of the right-handed neutrinos. It is shown how the yield of the baryon asymmetry correlates with these parameters. In addition, we find that the effective neutrino mass in the neutrinoless double beta decay receives an additional constraint in order to account for the observed baryon asymmetry depending on the masses and mixing angle of right-handed neutrinos.
KeywordsCosmology of Theories beyond the SM Neutrino Physics
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited
- G. Lazarides and Q. Shafi, Origin of matter in the inflationary cosmology, Phys. Lett. B 258 (1991) 305 [INSPIRE].
- P. Minkowski, μ → eγ at a Rate of One Out of 109 Muon Decays?, Phys. Lett. 67B (1977) 421 [INSPIRE].
- T. Yanagida, Horizontal gauge symmetry and masses of neutrinos, in Proceedings of the Workshop on the Unified Theory and the Baryon Number in the Universe, Tsukuba Japan (1979), pg. 95, KEK Report KEK-79-18 (1979).Google Scholar
- M. Gell-Mann, P. Ramond and R. Slansky, in Supergravity, P. van Niewenhuizen and D.Z. Freedman eds., North Holland, Amsterdam The Netherlands (1980).Google Scholar
- S.L. Glashow, The future of elementary particle physics, in Proceedings of the Cargése Summer Institute on Quarks and Leptons, Cargése France (1979), Plenum, New York U.S.A. (1980), pg. 707.Google Scholar