Bit threads and holographic entanglement of purification
- 66 Downloads
Generalizing the bit thread formalism, we use convex duality to derive dual flow programs to the bipartite and multipartite holographic entanglement of purification proposals and then prove several inequalities using these constructions. In the multipartite case we find the flows exhibit novel behavior which allows for a constrained flux on the boundary of the homology region. We show this flux can be made distinct from bi-partite terms and reflects the truly multipartite portion of the holographic entanglement of purification.
KeywordsAdS-CFT Correspondence Differential and Algebraic Geometry
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited
- S. Dutta and T. Faulkner, A canonical purification for the entanglement wedge cross-section, arXiv:1905.00577 [INSPIRE].
- S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization, Cambridge University Press, (2004), [https://doi.org/10.1017/cbo9780511804441].
- M. Headrick and V. Hubeny, Covariant bit threads, to appear.Google Scholar
- M. Christandl and A. Winter, “squashed entanglement” — an additive entanglement measure, J. Math. Phys. 45 (2004) 829 [quant-ph/0308088].
- R.R. Tucci, Entanglement of distillation and conditional mutual information, quant-ph/0202144.