2d small N=4 Long-multiplet superconformal block
- 11 Downloads
We study 2d N=4 superconformal field theories, focusing on its application on numerical bootstrap study. We derive the superconformal block by utilizing the global part of the super Virasoro algebra and set up the crossing equations for the non-BPS long-multiplet 4-point function. Along the way, we build global N=4 superconformal short and long multiplets and compute all possible 2,3-point functions of long-multiplets that are needed to construct the superconformal blocks and the crossing equations. Since we consider a long-multiplet 4-point function, the number of crossing equations is huge, and we expect it to give a strong constraint than the usual superconformal bootstrap analysis, which relies on BPS 4-point functions. In addition, we present an alternative way to derive crossing equations using N=4 superspace and comment on a puzzle.
KeywordsConformal Field Theory Superspaces Conformal and W Symmetry Conformal Field Models in String Theory
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- A.M. Polyakov, Nonhamiltonian approach to conformal quantum field theory, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 66 (1974) 23 [INSPIRE].
- A.A. Belavin, A.M. Polyakov and A.B. Zamolodchikov, Infinite Conformal Symmetry in Two-Dimensional Quantum Field Theory, Nucl. Phys. B 241 (1984) 333 [INSPIRE].
- P. Bouwknegt, Extended conformal algebras, Phys. Lett. B 207 (1988) 295 [INSPIRE].
- K. Schoutens, O(n) Extended Superconformal Field Theory in Superspace, Nucl. Phys. B 295 (1988) 634 [INSPIRE].
- T. Eguchi and A. Taormina, Unitary Representations of N = 4 Superconformal Algebra, Phys. Lett. B 196 (1987) 75 [INSPIRE].
- T. Eguchi and A. Taormina, On the Unitary Representations of N = 2 and N = 4 Superconformal Algebras, Phys. Lett. B 210 (1988) 125 [INSPIRE].
- T. Eguchi and A. Taormina, Character Formulas for the N = 4 Superconformal Algebra, Phys. Lett. B 200 (1988) 315 [INSPIRE].
- M. Headrick, http://people.brandeis.edu/~headrick/Mathematica.
- S. Matsuda and T. Uematsu, Chiral Superspace Formulation of N = 4 Superconformal Algebras, Phys. Lett. B 220 (1989) 413 [INSPIRE].
- D. Simmons-Duffin, The Conformal Bootstrap, in Proceedings, Theoretical Advanced Study Institute in Elementary Particle Physics: New Frontiers in Fields and Strings (TASI 2015), Boulder, CO, U.S.A., June 1-26, 2015, pp. 1-74 (2017) [ https://doi.org/10.1142/9789813149441_0001] [arXiv:1602.07982] [INSPIRE].
- O. Ganor, unpublished notes.Google Scholar