Exact bosonic Matrix Product States (and holography)
- 14 Downloads
We derive an exact formula for a matrix product state (MPS) representation (or a PEPS in higher number of dimensions) of the ground state of translationally invariant bosonic lattice systems in terms of a single one-dimensional Euclidean quantum mechanical path integral with sources. We explicitly evaluate the general formula in the special case of the one-dimensional Klein-Gordon harmonic chain, being a spatial discretization of 1+1 dimensional free boson QFT, obtaining an exact MPS with an infinite dimensional bond space. We analytically diagonalize the transfer matrix obtaining two Fock spaces with continuous modes and check that the exact MPS construction reproduces the correct correlation functions. We also comment on possible holographic interpretations.
KeywordsAdS-CFT Correspondence Field Theories in Lower Dimensions
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- F. Verstraete, J.I. Cirac and V. Murg, Matrix Product States, projected entangled pair states, and variational renormalization group methods for quantum spin systems, Adv. Phys. 57 (2008)143 [arXiv:0907.2796].
- F. Verstraete and J.I. Cirac, Matrix product states represent ground states faithfully, Phys. Rev. B 73 (2006) 094423 [cond-mat/0505140].
- J.I. Cirac and G. Sierra, Infinite matrix product states, conformal field theory and the Haldane-Shastry model, Phys. Rev. B 81 (2010) 104431 [arXiv:0911.3029].
- M.M. Rams et al., Truncating an exact Matrix Product State for the XY model: transfer matrix and its renormalisation, arXiv:1411.2607.
- N. Schuch, J.I. Cirac and M.M. Wolf, Quantum states on harmonic lattices, Commun. Math. Phys. 267 (2006) 65 [quant-ph/0509166].
- A. Botero and B. Reznik, Spatial structures and localization of vacuum entanglement in the linear harmonic chain, Phys. Rev. A 70 (2004) 052329 [quant-ph/0403233].