Testing the (0,2) mirror map
- 11 Downloads
We test a proposed mirror map at the level of correlators for linear models describing the (0,2) moduli space of superconformal field theories with a (2,2) locus associated to Calabi-Yau hypersurfaces in toric varieties. We verify in non-trivial examples that the correlators are exchanged by the mirror map and we derive a correspondence between the observables of the A/2- and B/2-twisted theories. We also comment on the global structure of the (0,2) moduli space and present a simple non-renormalization argument for a large class of B/2 model subfamilies.
KeywordsSuperstrings and Heterotic Strings Topological Strings Conformal Field Models in String Theory
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- B.R. Greene and M.R. Plesser, Duality in Calabi-Yau Moduli Space, Nucl. Phys. B 338 (1990) 15 [INSPIRE].
- P. Candelas, X.C. De La Ossa, P.S. Green and L. Parkes, A Pair of Calabi-Yau manifolds as an exactly soluble superconformal theory, Nucl. Phys. B 359 (1991) 21 [INSPIRE].
- D.A. Cox and S. Katz, Mirror symmetry and algebraic geometry, AMS, Providence, U.S.A. (2000) [INSPIRE].
- C. Vafa, Topological Landau-Ginzburg models, Mod. Phys. Lett. A 6 (1991) 337 [INSPIRE].
- P. Griffiths and J. Harris, Principles of algebraic geometry, Pure and Applied Mathematics, Wiley-Interscience, John Wiley & Sons, New York (1978) [DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118032527].
- V. Batyrev and B. Nill, Combinatorial aspects of mirror symmetry, math/0703456.