Probing new electroweak states via precision measurements at the LHC and future colliders
- 14 Downloads
Several new physics scenarios, motivated e.g. by dark matter, feature new electroweakly charged states where the lightest particle in the multiplet is stable and neutral. In such cases direct searches at LHC are notoriously difficult, while electroweak precision tests both at hadron and lepton colliders offer the possibility to indirectly probe those states. In this work, we assess the sensitivity of the high-luminosity phase of the LHC on new electroweak multiplets via the modification of neutral and charged Drell-Yan processes, and compare the reach of future hadron and lepton colliders presently under consideration.
KeywordsBeyond Standard Model Supersymmetric Standard Model
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- M.E. Peskin and T. Takeuchi, Estimation of oblique electroweak corrections, Phys. Rev. D 46 (1992) 381 [INSPIRE].
- J.-P. Delahaye et al., Enabling Intensity and Energy Frontier Science with a Muon Accelerator Facility in the U.S.: A White Paper Submitted to the 2013 U.S. Community Summer Study of the Division of Particles and Fields of the American Physical Society, in Proceedings, 2013 Community Summer Study on the Future of U.S. Particle Physics: Snowmass on the Mississippi (CSS2013), Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A., July 29-August 6, 2013 [arXiv:1308.0494] [INSPIRE].
- F. Collamati et al., Low Emittance Muon Beams from Positrons, PoS(NuFact2017)103 (2017).Google Scholar
- M. Aicheler et al., A Multi-TeV Linear Collider Based on CLIC Technology: CLIC Conceptual Design Report, CERN-2012-007 [INSPIRE].
- P. Roloff, CLICdp general meeting, https://indico.cern.ch/event/744124/contributions/3074089/attachments/1693854/2725991/clicdp_general_meeting_26_07_2018_roloff.pdf (2018).
- A. Wulzer, Beyond Standard Model: Where do we go from here?, GGI, Florence, https://indico.cern.ch/event/676835/contributions/3006324/attachments/1728574/2792873/wulzer_zanetti-MuonCollider.pdf (2018).
- M.E. Machacek and M.T. Vaughn, Two Loop Renormalization Group Equations in a General Quantum Field Theory. 1. Wave Function Renormalization, Nucl. Phys. B 222 (1983) 83 [INSPIRE].