Slag Resistance of MgO-Based Refractories with MgO-SiC-C Powder
The slag resistance of MgO-based refractory samples with different synthesized MgO-SiC-C powder contents was investigated by a dynamic testing method via an induction furnace; the microstructure and chemical compositions of the corroded samples were analyzed by SEM and EDS. It can be seen from the results that the slag resistance of MgO-based refractories with more MgO-SiC-C powder content, with smaller particles and higher fixed carbon content was better.
Keywordslow carbon content MgO-C bricks MgO-SiC-C powder slag resistance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ruan Guozhi, Li Nan: Progress in research on reaction between MgO-C refractory and liquid steel. Mater. Rev. 17 (2003)  26–29Google Scholar
- Zhu Boquan, Zhang Wenjie: Research of low-carbon magnesia carbon bricks: present situation and development. J. Wuhan Univ. of Sci. and Technol. 31 (2008)  234–236Google Scholar
- Wang Changming, He Jianlin, Gu Huazhi et al.: Effect of grain composition on properties of low carbon magnesia brick. Res. Iron and Steel 38 (2010)  4–7Google Scholar
- Li Jun, Wang Jian, Zhong Xiangchong: Mechanical properties and thermal shock resistance of MgO-SiC-C composites. Naihuo Cailiao 34 (2000)  86–89Google Scholar
- Wei Lianfeng, Li Kezhi, Wu Heng: Preparation and Ablation properties of SiC modified C/C composites. J. Chinese Ceram. Soc. 39 (2011)  251–255Google Scholar
- Yaowu Wei, Nan Li et al.: Application of MgO-SiC-C slag lining of 300 t steel ladle in low carbon steel making. Proc. UNITECR Dresden, Germany (2007) 458–461Google Scholar
- Yaowu Wei, Huawei Xu et al.: Properties of MgO based refractories with synthetic MgO-SiC-C powder. Proc. UNITECR Victoria, Canada (2013) 682–685Google Scholar
- Fan Xinli, Gu Huazhi, Cai Ehan et al.: Slag resistance of MgO-C brick with different carbon contents. J. Wuhan Univ. of Sci. and Technol. 32 (2009)  394–397Google Scholar
- Wei Yaowu, Li Nan, Chen Fangyu: Slag resistance of MgO-SiC-C composite. Naihuo Cailiao 41 (2007)  89–92Google Scholar