Preparation of MgO-SiC-C Powder via in situ Reaction
This paper focuses on synthesis technology for an MgO-SiC-C powder using light burnt magnesia, silicon and carbon as main raw materials. Effects of technological parameters such as sintering temperature and additives were investigated in order to fabricate an MgO-SiC-C powder with good oxidation resistance and erosion resistance. The results show that additives do influence the structure of the composite powder, with clusters of SiC crystals synthesized in situ and located on the surface of graphite. The appropriate amount of CuS used for composite fabrication was 0.8 to 1%.
KeywordsMgO-SiC-C powder synthesis additive
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Liu Zhen-yu, Zheng Jing-tang, Wang Mao-zhang et al.: Silicon carbide whisker ceramic resistance environment. New Carbon Mater. 15 (2000) 75–80Google Scholar
- Xu Wu-Jun, Xu YaO, Sun Xian-Yong et al.: Fabrication of tower like β-SiC by sol-gel and carbothermal reduction processing. New Carbon Mater. 21 (2006) 167–170Google Scholar
- Xie Muwen, Qi Longhao, Xuqiang, et al.: Preparation of silicon carbide whisker by silicon oxides and carbon. Adv. Struct. Ceram. (2004) 882–886Google Scholar
- Zhang Hongtao, Xu Chongyang: The research on SiC whisker prepared by sol-gel. Electr. Comp. and Mater. 19 (2000) 9–12Google Scholar
- Xu Wujun, Xu Yao, Sun Xianyong et al.: SiC nanorods prepared by sol-gel and carbothermal reduction processing. New Carbon Mater. 21 (2006) 167–170Google Scholar
- Li Xinjian, Ke Changming, Li Nan: Review of research on oxidation resistance of carbon-containing refractories. Refractories 40 (2006) 133–135Google Scholar
- Wang Zhiqiang, Zhu Boquan, Fang Binxiang et al.: Effects of B4C and Si antioxidant on oxidation resistance of low-carbon MgO-C bricks. Refractories. 42 (2008) 161–164Google Scholar
- Zhu Qiang, Sun Yong, Yu Jingkun et al.: The synthesis of SiC-Al2O3 composite powders and the application in low-carbon MgO-C brick. J. Mater. and Metallurgy 7 (2008) 118–121Google Scholar
- Liang Feng, Li Nan: Effect of catalysts and calcination temperatures on synthesis of SiC fibers. Refractories 43 (2009) 359–362Google Scholar
- Tang Guohu: The study status of the preparation and application of nano copper sulfide powder. Ordnance Mater. Sci. and Eng. 32 (2009) 89–91Google Scholar