The conduct of dental research: The protocol, a guide
- 114 Downloads
BACKGROUND: Research today requires detailed planning to ensure efficient work, to raise funding and to fit into time constraints. AIM: The aim of this article is to provide a broad guidance on the layout and content of a research protocol. METHOD: Years of experience in writing research protocols were used to give guidance on writing, timings, content, layout and successful completion.
KeywordsResearch protocols scientific writing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References and further reading
- Bailey DM. Research for the health professional. A practical guide. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis Company. 1997:1–278.Google Scholar
- Magitot E. Treatise on Dental caries: Experimental and Therapeutic Investigations. Houghton Osgood and Company, Boston, USA, 1878.Google Scholar
- Research and Development Website. Preparing research protocols. http://www.leedsth.nhs.uk/sites/reserach_and_development/sections3.php. (accessed 31 October 2011).
- Research Policy. Guide for writing a research protocol for research involving human participation. http://www.who.int/rpc/research_ethics/guide_rp/en.index. (accessed 31 October 2011).
- Singh S, Suganthi P, Ahmed J, Chadha VK. Formulation of health research protocol — a step-by-step description. NTI Bulletin 2005; 41: 5–10.Google Scholar