High-performance liquid and gas-liquid chromatography of isomeric phenoxathiins. Use of organo-clay to increase selectivity
- 16 Downloads
Bentone-34, a selective adsorbent, has been studied for use in high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) to separate isomeric phenoxathiin derivatives. We have compared the performance of this adsorbent in gas chromatography and liquid chromatography. We have obtained better and faster analyses of these isomeric phenoxathiins by high-pressure liquid-solid chromatography. This method is more flexible, as we have the choice of a large variety of mobile phases, and analyses are achieved at ambient temperature. Moreover HPLC can be used for collecting the pure solutes.
KeywordsChromatography Analytical Chemistry HPLC Organic Chemistry Liquid Chromatography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. P. Coïc andG. Saint-Ruf, Bull. Soc. Chim. France22, 40 (1975).Google Scholar
- J. P. Coïc andG. Saint-Ruf, Submitted to J. Heterocyclic Chemistry.Google Scholar
- M. Tomita, J. Pharm. Soc. Japan58, 510 (1938) and32, 7467 (1938).Google Scholar
- C. C. Pfeiffer, J. Chromat. Sci.14, 386 (1976).Google Scholar
- D. H. Rodgers, J. Chromat. Sci.12, 742 (1976).Google Scholar
- M. Caude, G. Le Xuan, B. Terlain andJ. P. Thomas, J. Chromat. Sci.13, 390 (1975).Google Scholar
- G. Keravis, M. Lafosse andM. H. Durand, Chromatographia10, 678 (1977).Google Scholar
- M. A. Hughes, D. White andAl. Roberts, Nature184, 1796 (1959).Google Scholar
- F. W. Karaske, J. Chromat. Sci.8, 282 (1970).Google Scholar
- M. Vander Stricht andJ. Van Rysselberge, J. Gas Chromatog.1(8), 29 (1963).Google Scholar
- D. W. Grant, R. B. Meiris andM. G. Hollis, J. Chromatog.99, 712 (1974).Google Scholar