Research in the division of analytical chemistry
- 16 Downloads
Within the Center for Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences, the Division of Analytical Chemistry develops the tools that are used in other divisions. The numerous techniques of analytical chemistry are studied in order to improve selectivity, sensitivity,etc. The emphasis of the research is on bioanalysis. The possibilities and pitfalls of bioanalysis are demonstrated with vitamin K1 (phylloquinone), where a detection limit of 5 pg can be reached.
KeywordsPublic Health Analytical Chemistry Internal Medicine Detection Limit Phylloquinone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.De Bruijn EA, Tjaden UR, Van Oosterom AT, Leeflang P, Leclercq PA. Determination of the underivatized antineoplastic drugs cyclophosphamide and 5-fluorouracil and some of their metabolites by capillary gas chromatography combined with electron capture and nitrogen-phosphorus selective detection. J Chromatogr 1983;279:603–8.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 2.Van Bennekom WP, Tjaden UR, De Bruijn EA, Van Oosterom AT. Determination of mitomycin C in human plasma and urine by high-performance differential pulse polarography. Anal Chim Acta 1984:156:289–94.Google Scholar
- 3.Van Oosterom AT, Kurth KH, De Laat RP, De Wall JG, Tjaden UR. Plasma levels of mitomycin C during its intravesical instillation. In: Dennis L, Murphy GP, Prout GR, Schroder T, eds. Controlled Clinical Trials in Urologic Oncology. New York: Raven Press, 1984: 281–4.Google Scholar
- 4.Van Valkenburg CFM, Van der Krogt JA, Moleman P, Van Berkum JA, Tjaden UR, De Jong J. A procedure to measure the specific activities of dopamine and its metabolites in rat striatum, based on HPLC, electrochemical detection and liquid scintillation counting. J Neurosci Meth 1984:11:29–38.Google Scholar
- 5.Tjaden UR, De Jong J, Van Valkenburg CFM. Gradient elution of biogenic amines and derivatives in reversed phase ion-pair partition chromatography with electrochemical and fluorometric detection. J Liq Chromatogr 1983;6:2255–74.Google Scholar
- 6.Langenberg JP, Tjaden UR. Determination of (endogenous) vitamin K1 in human plasma by reversed phase high-performance liquid chromatography using fluorometric detection after post-column electrochemical reduction. Comparison with UV, single and dual electrochemical detection. J Chromatogr (Biomed Appl) 1983:305:61–72.Google Scholar
- 8.De Jong BJ, Schouten JP, Muusze RG, Tjaden UR. Analysis of β-carbolines by reversed phase ion-pair partition chromatography with fluorometric detection. J Chromatogr 1985:319:23–33.Google Scholar