Pharmacokinetics of intravenously administered ciprofloxacin in intensive care patients with acute renal failure
- 23 Downloads
The pharmacokinetics of ciprofloxacin after a single intravenous administration of 100 mg were studied in intensive care patients with an acute renal impairment. There was no correlation found between the creatinine clearance and the renal clearance of ciprofloxacin. This applies to the entire group of patients. The decrease in renal clearance of ciprofloxacin was, however, more pronounced than the change in the elimination half-life, suggesting an important extra-renal elimination of the drug.
Key wordsCiprofloxacin Drug evaluation Intensive care Kidney failure, acute Pharmacokinetics Renal clearance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wingender W, Graefe XH, Gau W, Förster D, Beerman D, Schacht P. Pharmacokinetics of ciprofloxacin after oral and intravenous administration in healthy volunteers. Eur J Clin Microbiol 1984;3:355–9.Google Scholar
- 2.Wise R, Lockley RM, Webberley M, Dent J. Pharmacokinetics of intravenously administered ciprofloxacin. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 1984;26:208–10.Google Scholar
- 3.Joos B, Ledergerger B, Flepp M, Bettex JD, Lüthy R, Siegenthaler W. Comparison of high-pressure liquid chromatography and bioassay for determination of ciprofloxacin in serum and urine. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 1985;27:353–6.Google Scholar
- 4.Brogard JM, Jehl F, Monteil H, Adloff M, Blickle JF, Levy P. Comparison of high-pressure liquid chromatography and microbiological assay for the determination of biliary elimination of ciprofloxacin in humans. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 1985;28:311–4.Google Scholar
- 5.Aronof GE, Xenner CH, Sloan RS, Pottratz ST. Multiple dose ciprofloxacin kinetics in normal subjects. Clin Pharmacol Ther 1984;36:384–8.Google Scholar
- 6.Höffler D, Dalhoff A, Gau W, Beerman D, Michl A. Dose- and sex-independent disposition of ciprofloxacin. Eur J Clin Microbiol 1984;3:363–6.Google Scholar
- 7.Gonzalez MA, Uribe F, Moisen SD, et al. Multiple-dose pharmacokinetics and safety of ciprofloxacin in normal volunteers. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 1984;26:714–44.Google Scholar
- 8.Boelaert J, Valcke Y, Schwegers M, et al. The pharmacokinetics of ciprofloxacin in patients with impaired renal function. J Antimicrob Chemother 1985;16:87–93.Google Scholar
- 9.Vree TB, Wijnands WJA, Guelen PJM, Baars AM, Hekster YA. Pharmacokinetics, metabolism and renal excretion of quinolones in man. Pharm Weekbl [Sci] 1986;8:29–34.Google Scholar