Microcomputer-controlled determination of dissociation constants of sulfanilamides and stability constants of the related silver complexes
- 39 Downloads
As a contribution to the structure—activity relationship of silver sulfanilamide complexes, the pKa-values of thirteen sulfanilamides and the log K-values of their related silver compounds were determined using a microcomputer-controlled titrator which determines the silver ion concentration and hydrogen ion concentration in a combined measurement.
Predictions on antibacterial effectiveness and the risk of sensitization reactions of some of the investigated silver sulfanilamides are made on the basis of the conditional stability constants computed from the pKa- and log K-values at pH = 7.4.
KeywordsPublic Health Hydrogen Internal Medicine Stability Constant Dissociation Constant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boelema, G.J. (1982) Ph.D. thesis, Groningen.Google Scholar
- Bult, A. (1981)Pharm. Weekbl. Sci. Ed. 3, I-II.Google Scholar
- Bult, A., B.L. Bajema, H.B. Klasen, H.J. Metting andCh.L. Fox (1981)Pharm. Weekbl. Sci. Ed. 3, 79–81.Google Scholar
- Fox, Ch.L., andS.M. Modak (1974)Antimicrobial Agents Chernotherap. 5, 582–588.Google Scholar
- Meites, L. (1974)General multiparametric curve fitting program CFT3. Clarkson College of Technology, Potsdam, NY.Google Scholar
- Still, E., andR. Sara (1977)J. Chem. Educ. 54, 348.Google Scholar