Analysis of mucin as raw material and in a saliva substitute by isotachophoresis
- 43 Downloads
An isotachophoretic method is presented for the analysis of the glycoprotein mucin as raw material. The assay is also used for the mucin assay in the saliva substitute Saliva Orthana®.
KeywordsIsotachophoresis Mucins Saliva, artificial
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Everaerts FM, Beckers JL, Verheggen TPEM. Isotachophoresis, theory, instrumentation and applications. Amsterdam: Elsevier Scientific Publishing Company, 1976.Google Scholar
- 2.Emonds AJG, De Vos D. Analysis of mucin by isotachophoresis. J Chromatogr 1989;463:445–51.Google Scholar
- 3.The Chemical Laboratory of the American Medical Association. Tests and standards for new and nonofficial remedies. Philadelphia: JB Lippincott Company, 1953.Google Scholar
- 4.Vissink A, ‚s-Gravenmade EJ, Panders AK, et al. A clinical comparison between commercially available mucin- and CMC-containing saliva substitutes. Int J Oral Surg 1983;12;232–8.Google Scholar
- 5.Duxbury AJ, Hayes NF, Thakkar NS, Wastell DG, Kelly A, Leach FN. Clinical trial of a mucin-containing artificial saliva. IRCS Med Sci 1985;13;1197–8.Google Scholar
© Royal Dutch Association for Advancement of Pharmacy 1989