Graft copolymers of propylene with styrene and methylmethacrylate: Structure, crystallization and thermal behaviour
- 41 Downloads
Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), wide and small angle X-ray scattering (WAXS and SAXS) investigation have been used in order to achieve a molecular, thermal and structural characterization of a sample of propylene-butadiene copolymer containing 3% (wt/wt) of butadiene (uPP) and of uPP samples modified by grafting polymethylmethacrylate (upp-g-PMMA) and polystyrene (uPP-g-PS). The uPP copolymer was synthesized by Himont according to method patented by Himont , that allows, by means of the use of a proper catalyst system, co-polymers of propylene with diene having conjugated double bonds in which at least 20% of the unsaturations is of the vinyl type to be obtained. The influence of concentration, distribution and type of the uncrystallizable comonomer units on the thermal behaviour of such co-polymers and on the kinetic, morphologic and thermodynamic parameters related to crystallization process from melt have been also investigated.
KeywordsCrystallization Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Differential Scanning Calorimetry Vinyl Styrene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Cecchin, F. Guglielmi andF. Zerega, U.S. Patent 4, 602, 077 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Cecchin andA. De Nicola, U.S. Patent 5, 159, 023 (1990).Google Scholar
- 10.A. G. Shaka, J. Keeler andR. Freeman,J. Magn. Res. 53 (1983) 313.Google Scholar
- 11.H. Friebolin, in “Basic one-and two-dimensional NMR spectroscopy” (VCH, Germany, 1991) p. 192.Google Scholar
- 12.A. Bax, R. H. Griffey andB. L. Hawkins,J. Magn. Res. 55 (1983) 301.Google Scholar
- 14.L. E. Alexander, “X-ray diffraction methods in polymer science” (Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1969).Google Scholar
- 17.A. E. Tonelli in “NMR spectroscopy and polymer microstructure” (VCH, Germany, 1989) p. 54.Google Scholar
- 20.J. W. Turley “X-ray diffraction of Polymers” (1965).Google Scholar
- 21.S. Brandrup andE. M. Immergut, “Polymer Handbook” Vol. 5 (Interscience, New York, 1975).Google Scholar
- 23.B. Wunderlich, “Macromolecular physics” (Academic Press, New York, 1976).Google Scholar