Optical and electrical properties of electrodeposited silver based thin films
- 42 Downloads
The electrodeposited superionic conductor Ag6I4WO4 was doped with various concentrations of [CrO4]2− to form the quarternary compound Ag6I4WO4(1−xCrO4(x). The doping level,x, was varied from 0 to 0.6 and the optimum compound was used for further analysis. X-ray diffraction (XRD) analysis indicated major peaks occurring atd values of 3.75,2.29,1.96 and 3.96 in the order of decreasing intensity. The energy dispersive analysis of X-rays (EDAX) technique verified quantitatively the ratio of the components in the solid electrolyte. From the fringes seen in the interference pattern of the transmission spectrum, the refractive index and thickness of the film was calculated. The absorption spectrum indicated the characteristic chromate peak at 310 nm when the dopant was present. An open circuit voltage (OCV) of 670 mV was observed for the fabricated cells with optimum performance at a doping level ofx=0.1, where the best discharge characteristics were observed. The subsequent conductivity was calculated to be of the order 10−3Ω−1 cm−1 from the Cole-Cole plot.
KeywordsRefractive Index Transmission Spectrum Doping Level Solid Electrolyte Interference Pattern
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.S. A. Suthanthiraraj andS. Radhakrishna,Cryst. Latt. Def. Amorph. Mater. 11 (1985) 185.Google Scholar
- 9.S. A. Suthanthiraj, PhD thesis, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (1984).Google Scholar
- 10.A. Magistris, G. Chiodelli andG. V. Campari,Z. Naturforsch. 31a (1976) 974.Google Scholar
- 11.S. A. Suthanthiraraj andB. Babuji,J. Electrochem. 4 (1988) 389.Google Scholar
- 12.S. A. Suthanthiraraj,Mater. For Solid State Batteries (1986) 423.Google Scholar