Some mathematical properties of radiating gas model obtained with a variable Eddington factor
- 35 Downloads
Some mathematical properties of the model for a radiating gas obtained with a variable Eddington factor are studied.
In particular we discuss the problem of symmetrization and the derivation of so-called a priori estimates for the quasilinear equations describing the model.
Mathematics Subject Classification (1991)85A25 35L65
KeywordsEddington factor radiation hydrodynamics hyperbolic systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A.M. Blokhin,Energy integrals and their applications to gas dynamics problems, Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1986.Google Scholar
- A. Jeffrey,Quasilinear Hyperbolic Systems and Waves, Pitman, New York, 1976.Google Scholar
- A. M. Blokhin, Symmetrization of continuum mechanics equations,Sib. J. Diff. Eq.,2, 3–47, (1993).Google Scholar
- D. Mihalas and B.W. Mihalas.,Foundation of Radiation Hydrodynamics, Oxford University Press, New York, 1984.Google Scholar
- C.D. Levermore, Relating Eddington Factor to Flux Limiters,J.Q.S.R.T.,31, 149, 1984.Google Scholar
- M. Gehmeyr and D. Mihalas, Adaptive grid hydrodynamics with TITAN,Physica D,77, 320, 1994.Google Scholar
- A. M. Anile, S. Pennisi and M. Sammartino, Covariant radiation hydrodynamics,Ann. Inst. Henri Poincaré 56, 49–74, (1992).Google Scholar
- I. Múller and T. Ruggeri,Extended Thermodynamics, Springer, Berlin 1993.Google Scholar
- D. Jou, J. Casas-Vázquez and G. Lebon,Extended Irreversible Thermodynamics, Springer, Berlin 1993.Google Scholar
- L.D. Landau and E.M. Lifshiz,Fluid Mechanics, Pergamon Press, London 1959.Google Scholar
- A.M. Blokhin and E.V. Mishchenko, Investigation on shock waves stability in relativistic gas dynamics,Le Matematiche, V. XLVIII, 53–75, (1993).Google Scholar
- L.V. Ovsyannikov,Lectures on foundations of gas dynamics, Nauka, Moscow 1981 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- S. Pennisi and M. Trovato, On the Irreducibility of Professor G.F.Smith's Representation for Isotropic Functions,Int. J. Engng. Sci.,25, 1059, (1987).Google Scholar
- A. Harten, On the symmetric form of systems of conservation laws with entropy,J. Comp. Phys.,49, 151–164, (1983).Google Scholar
- A.M. Blokhin and R.D. Alaev,Energy integrals and their applications to the investigation of difference schemes stability, Publishing House of Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk 1993 (in Russian).Google Scholar