Appearance of P-odd nuclear forces in photoproduction of pions on6Li
- 11 Downloads
P-odd effects in the photoproduction of pions on6Li nuclei, γ +6Li → π+ +6He, are studied. Collisions of linearly and circularly polarized photons with a polarized nuclear target are studied, and in addition both vectorial and tensorial polarization are taken into account. It is shown that in the general case P-odd effects in γ +6Li → π+ +6He are characterized by 18 real structure functions, which determine different P-odd asymmetries in the angular distribution of the pions. The structure functions in their turn depend on different products of three p-even and three p-odd amplitudes of the process γ +6Li → π+ +6He. The P-odd effects at the threshold of the reaction γ +6Li → π++6He are analyzed. Using available experimental data on the behavior of the cross section of the reaction γ +6Li → π+ +6He at threshold, the π6Li6He strong-interaction constant is evaluated.
KeywordsExperimental Data Angular Distribution Structure Function Real Structure Nuclear Force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. G. Abov and P. A. Krupchitskii, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,118, 141 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Lobashov, D. M. Kaminker, G. I. Kharkevich, et al., Nucl. Phys.,A197, 241 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.M. L. Barkov, M. S. Zolotorev, and I. B. Khriplovich, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,132, 409 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.C. Y. Prescott, W. B. Atwood, K. L. A. Cottrell, et al., Phys. Lett.77B, 347 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.M. P. Rekalo, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 9, 71 (1978).Google Scholar
- 6.V. B. Berestetskii, E. M. Lifshits, and L. P. Pitaevskii, Relativistic Quantum Theory [in Russian], Part 1, Nauka, Moscow (1968), pp. 39–45.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Deutsch, D. Favort, R. Prieels, et al., Phys. Rev. Lett.,33, 316 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.C. W. Kim and H. Primakoff, Phys. Rev.139B, 1447 (1965).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Delorme, Nucl. Phys.B19, 573 (1930).Google Scholar
- 10.C. W. Kim and S. L. Mintz, Nucl. Phys.B27, 621 (1971).Google Scholar