The preparation and X-ray structural study of complexes that catalyze isocyanate cyclotrimerization
- 31 Downloads
A 1∶1-complex of trinitrophenol with benzyldimethylamine (1) and a 1∶1∶1-complex, the product of the interaction of benzyldimethylamine, glycidyl phenyl ether, and phenol (2), have been synthesized and characterized by means of X-ray analysis. Complex1 is a precursor for the catalysts of selective isocyanate cyclotrimerization, while complex2 is one of those catalysts. In the crystal structure complex1 forms H-bonded cationic-anionic aggregates with proton transfer from phenol to the N-atom of the tertiary amine. Complex2 crystallizes as a monohydrate (2a) with a strong H-bond between the quaternary ammonium and phenolic components, and exists in crystals in the form of globular H-bonded dimeric hydrates. Possible pathways of dissociation of complex2a are discussed. The data obtained may be used as a basis for further interpretation of the regularities of cyclotrimerization of isocyanates catalyzed by complexes of this type.
Key wordsisocyanate polycyclotrimerization catalysts X-ray analysis molecular complexes strong H-bonds
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G.M.Pogosyan, V.A.Pankratov, V.N.Zaplishnyi, and S.G.Matsoyan,Polytriazines, Armenian Academy of Sciences, Erevan, 1987.Google Scholar
- 2.A.K.Zhitinkina, N.A.Shibanova, and O.G.Tarakanov,Uspekhi Khimii, 1985,54, 1866 [Rus.Chem.Rev., 1985 (Engl.Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 3.J.I.Jones, N.G.Savill,J.Chem.Soc., 1957, 4392.Google Scholar
- 4.W.E.Erner, US Patent 3010963.Google Scholar
- 5.B.D.Beitchman,Ind.Eng.Chem., 1966,58, 101.Google Scholar
- 6.S.V.Lindeman, Yu.T.Struchkov, L.P.Poddubnykh, and S.G.Dmitrienko,Koordinats. Khim., 1988, 14, 955 [Coordination Chemistry, 1988 (Engl.Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 7.S.V.Lindeman, Yu.T.Struchkov, B.F.Malichenko, V.E.Shklover, and V.A.Vasnev,Macromol. Chem., 1987,188, 1521.Google Scholar